Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone have a "single type" stash? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462553)

Puppydog 11-11-2012 02:24 AM

Anyone have a "single type" stash?

I was wondering if anyone uses pockets exclusively. I have built up a stash of almost exclusively pockets. I just like them and feel it will be the best for me.

I have some fitteds and flats, but to be honest, with my sensitive nose and silly cleanliness issues, wiping a cover and reusing isn't going to work for me.

Can a one style stash work?

hudsonvalleygal 11-11-2012 03:29 AM

Re: Anyone have a "single type" stash?

Sure, I think it can work! You might need different types of inserts for your pockets as your baby grows and the amount of pee you're dealing with changes, but pockets are so customizable that I think it would work. :) I have found with both of my kids that they became such heavy wetters that at times we needed hemp inserts for their pocket dipes and wool soakers to pull over them at naptime, but other than that, we're still using pockets a lot.

AZmommy 11-11-2012 03:35 AM

mind you I just restashed but my entire stash now consists of 20 diaper safari pocket diapers. each is stuffed with a microfiber towel around a fab doubler. I'm loving the ease and trimness and how throughly everything is getting washed. I'm actually down to a prewash and a single long wash with extra rinse. Ive eliminated and entire wash cycle and have amaxingly clean diapers and clear rinse.
Even before I did this restash I had a basic one type only stash I ve had only AIOs for well over a year now.

Deanna

Junipervt 11-11-2012 04:33 AM

I have a single type stash. my DS is allergic to pul. I started out w/ 1/2 OS pockets & 1/2 OS fitteds. when we realized what it was that was causing his rash I sold off all of his pockets. for the last 18m all I've used on him are OS fitteds (though a few different brands) & wool for covers. I love the simplicity of having just 1 system.

Puppydog 11-11-2012 05:09 AM

Thanks so much for the replies. I plan on buying hemp, bamboo and microfibre inserts. I also have a dozen small flats to stuff with.

I'm currently making my inserts with 2 layers of microfibre and one layer of toweling.

O'sMommy:) 11-11-2012 05:48 AM

My stash consisted only of AI2's (technically hybrids since I use Flip but they are an AI2 system) until yesterday when I got my first AIOs. I tried pockets in the beginning and absolutely hated them but loved my Flips so I streamlined to Flip. The grandparents don't care for the AI2 system so I'm trying to see if Thirsties AIO's will work so that they'll use cloth when they keep my son bc as of right now, I've given them permission to use 'sposies (which I'm not crazy about doing) when they have him bc they are idiots when it comes to my Flips. I could leave my whole stash over there, which isn't small, with him for a day and I'd come back to no clean covers and a lot of clean inserts. They think you have to change the cover each time you change his diaper which just irritates me bc it means that I could have just done diaper laundry but after he's over there, I must do it again immediately.

abunchoflemons 11-11-2012 06:38 AM

I use just pockets fine. I love. I don't just use mf inserts though.

hbee 11-11-2012 06:47 AM

I have almost all pockets. 6 BG 3.0/4.0 and the rest Alva Baby... I do have several econobum prefolds and covers, but those are really our emergency diapers.

hbee 11-11-2012 06:48 AM

I have almost all pockets. 6 BG 3.0/4.0 and the rest Alva Baby... I do have several econobum prefolds and covers, but those are really our emergency diapers.

kelpie169 11-11-2012 06:49 AM

I never had mixed stashes. First it was one size all in ones. But those didn't it my second so we traded for gDiapers. Which is all we have now.