Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Trade Rant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462556)

O'sMommy:) 11-11-2012 05:29 AM

Trade Rant

Small vent: I traded a momma 2 of my Capri covers for 2 Thirsties AIO's. I got the Thirsties in the mail yesterday and when I opened the package, to my great surprise(!), it nearly took my breath away! One smelled of cat urine and one smelled of poop!!!! Completely gross! I understand that they are used diapers and that babies poop and pee in them but please at least be kind enough to send me clean diapers. The covers I traded her, I was completely honest (aplix was a little greyish in color on one and elastic was a little relaxed in the other) but they didnt smell or anything and I don't feel like she was. I would NEVER send someone smelly diapers. This really makes me never want to buy or trade used again! :( Rant over.

After all of this, I do have a question. Hehe. I soaked them in hot water, Rock n Green and a teeny bit of bleach(I know, Thirsties says NO! Shame on me.) then continued with my regular wash minus more detergent. When I took one out, it still smelled. I think it was the one that smelled like poo. It didn't smell as strong but still had a faint smell. Any advise to get the smell out?

jessicanashville 11-11-2012 05:35 AM

Re: Trade Rant

Maybe white vinegar...I have no idea, that is super gross!

O'sMommy:) 11-11-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicanashville (Post 15920699)
Maybe white vinegar...I have no idea, that is super gross!

Yes, it is. I'm so frustrated by this! Capri covers don't work for us but I've got a good mind to tell her I want my darn covers back bc this is just wrong!

And thank you, I'll try that. You think maybe a soak in hot water with vinager plus rock n green? I did it for 30 minutes last time. Maybe an hour would work.

abunchoflemons 11-11-2012 06:37 AM

Ok I'm gonna join. Not that I have a thing to try for smell besides fabreeze & whip it. I feel like ones looking forstuff doesn't have stuff I want besides pp. I'm not being unreasonable in cost even with shipping. I feel like ones that have stuff want more from me than I want from them...not ann even trade......I'm not made of money......

abunchoflemons 11-11-2012 06:37 AM

Ok I'm gonna join. Not that I have a thing to try for smell besides fabreeze & whip it. I feel like ones looking forstuff doesn't have stuff I want besides pp. I'm not being unreasonable in cost even with shipping. I feel like ones that have stuff want more from me than I want from them...not ann even trade......I'm not made of money......

O'sMommy:) 11-11-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 15920788)

I know what you mean! This is the first trade I've done and it put a sour taste in my mouth so I may not ever trade again but I have trouble finding moms who have what I want and I have what they want. I did 2 trades in 2 days and they were both even trades. I know all about the money thing especially more than ever right now as my husband is about to start a major class that our lifestyle completely relies on and it lasts almost a year and I'm a SAHM so money is about to get REALLY tight and I'm so scared bc we are pretty used to spending freely.

abunchoflemons 11-11-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'sMommy:) (Post 15920849)
I know what you mean! This is the first trade I've done and it put a sour taste in my mouth so I may not ever trade again but I have trouble finding moms who have what I want and I have what they want. I did 2 trades in 2 days and they were both even trades. I know all about the money thing especially more than ever right now as my husband is about to start a major class that our lifestyle completely relies on and it lasts almost a year and I'm a SAHM so money is about to get REALLY tight and I'm so scared bc we are pretty used to spending freely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 15920789)

Hugs. I have pp in my iso & I thought even if in rades only page if one had item & one had pp that was considered trade too. But all want stuff. One said not care on color on cloth napkins but complained when I pm'ed thwm.Only one might feel worth it after I get measurements as I wasn't to make stocking for my little guy to come but mom has measurements I need b4 we can finish. As I'm a novice at measurements & sewing.

BinahYeteirah 11-11-2012 07:50 AM

I'd be really grossed out, too, if I traded with someone and got diapers that stink! :yuck: Similar experiences have made me picky with my trades.

This next part is not directed at the OP.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 15920789)

Well, maybe you shouldn't contact people about their ISO items in the TRADE only forum if they don't have anything you want. There's nothing wrong with seeing if a trade is possible, even if there isn't anything listed you like, just to see, but if you use the trade forum as a place to try to sell your stuff, you'll be disappointed. You aren't the only one who doesn't have extra money lying around. Unless someone explicitly states in their trade thread, "IHA: Paypal," they're trying to get stuff for stuff, not spend money, even on fairly-priced goods. If you mostly need Paypal, just list your stuff in the sale sections of FSOT and people will contact you if they want to pay for your stuff. :)

Lanae 11-11-2012 09:13 AM

I had some diapers that smelled like that once! Omg it took me 2 full overnight strips, bleach, and countless washes to get them to stop! Can you trade back?

canadianbakers 11-11-2012 09:34 AM

I wonder if baking soda sprinkled on it would help? Let it sit, shake off any excess before washing?