Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462572)

canadianbakers 11-11-2012 08:03 AM

Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

:cowwave:

canadianbakers 11-11-2012 08:13 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dramamama (Post 15920488)
I posted a little while ago that DH and I needed to have a heart to heart...long, uncomfortable talk. I'm just NOT GOOD with those things. I am praising God that it went really well and was completely unplanned by me.

:thumbsup: I'm so glad it came up naturally and that it went well! That's great, and must be very relieving for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15920675)
He wanted to keep a four slice toaster when only two slices worked. We never used all four slices when they did work, anyway, so I bought a new two slice toaster. He thought we needed a "back up". I was like, if this one breaks, we will buy a new one. No need to keep the old nasty broken one.

It tests for the presence of y-chromosome in the mother's blood. If there is y-chromosome present, it's a boy, and if not, it's a girl!

:giggle: We need a 4 slice toaster... really, I could use a bigger one - but do they even make them bigger?! Every time we have toast, we use all 4 slots at once. And usually a couple times in a row!
We just got a 4-waffle maker this past year - we had a 2-waffle maker before, but we didn't use it often because it cooks somewhat slow and only makes 2 at a time... takes forever to make enough waffles for us all! This new one is great - cooks quickly, 4 at a time, and the basic recipe (from its own book) makes over 30 waffles! Lots for us and then some left over to freeze :thumbsup:

That's an interesting way to gender check :) Did you get it done through your Dr? Does he regularly use the blood test?

AFM: We didn't get too much snow Friday or yesterday, then got freezing rain on top of it late yesterday afternoon :yuck: More snow came overnight, too - so definitely no church or anything today. We'll just hope to get outside and shovel out, get ready to be able to leave (for work and school) tomorrow!

Hiccup doesn't really "wake up" in the morning with me - my other babies did - so I tend to wake up and poke at him, trying to get a response. This morning I got nothing for a couple minutes, then felt probably 6-8 kicks/thumps/tickles (they didn't all feel the same) in a short time (definitely less than 10 minutes). :wub: I feel sorta bad for bugging him... but I really need to wake up to that every morning! :giggle:

KelseyH 11-11-2012 02:05 PM

Soooo... After DH and I both cried through the end of Pregnant In America (he "man-cried" haha... Very atypical of him), he told me that however I felt comfortable and safe giving birth is how I should give birth, even if that means birthing at home without a CNM attending. WOW! I am just blown away. :D It means so much that he is willing to support me in whatever decision I feel is "right" for our baby/family, even if he still has some mild reservations.

We've watched Pregnant In America and The Business of Being Born since he has been off this week for our anniversary, and I think he has really seen how capable most women are, how unnecessary hospitals are, and how many interventions are totally unjustified. Within the space of a few weeks, he has undergone a complete paradigm shift from the EMT (and mainstream medical industry) mindset that birth is a medical emergency that needs to take place somewhere "sterile" and "safe" to realizing that birth is something natural, powerful, achievable with minimal intervention, and for the most part SAFE to do at home.

I am so so SO excited! I'm pretty sure we are going to start planning our home birth in earnest now. It helps a lot to know that my doctor backs us up 100% with a HB. I think hearing a medical "professional" endorse HB also reassured DH.

Knowing that DH is okay with this decision takes SUCH a huge weight off my shoulders, now that I don't have to stress about deciding between a (most likely) hostile birth experience at our local hospital or a nice birth center hours away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
:giggle: We need a 4 slice toaster... really, I could use a bigger one - but do they even make them bigger?! Every time we have toast, we use all 4 slots at once. And usually a couple times in a row!
We just got a 4-waffle maker this past year - we had a 2-waffle maker before, but we didn't use it often because it cooks somewhat slow and only makes 2 at a time... takes forever to make enough waffles for us all! This new one is great - cooks quickly, 4 at a time, and the basic recipe (from its own book) makes over 30 waffles! Lots for us and then some left over to freeze :thumbsup:

That's an interesting way to gender check :) Did you get it done through your Dr? Does he regularly use the blood test?

Four Belgian waffles?! Or four square waffles? We have a double waffle maker, but it's the big round ones. I couldn't imagine how a four waffle maker like that would even be configured! Lol.

I ordered the test myself. Most any lab work through my doctor is more expensive than ordering it myself, so I didn't even ask. It is supposed to be 99% accurate anyway because of the nature of the test.

delicatefade 11-11-2012 03:03 PM

We have a four waffle maker too (square, not round). I would go crazy with a two waffle maker!

And awesome on the homebirth plan, Kelsey! My hubby will never go for it, but we do try to keep things natural in the hospital with my midwife.

AFM: We got the rain and snow here too, though more rain than snow. So it's super slick out there. We still managed to go to church though, and church was full! So not too many people were scared enough to stay home today.

canadianbakers 11-11-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15921942)
Soooo... After DH and I both cried through the end of Pregnant In America (he "man-cried" haha... Very atypical of him), he told me that however I felt comfortable and safe giving birth is how I should give birth, even if that means birthing at home without a CNM attending. WOW! I am just blown away. :D It means so much that he is willing to support me in whatever decision I feel is "right" for our baby/family, even if he still has some mild reservations.

Four Belgian waffles?! Or four square waffles? We have a double waffle maker, but it's the big round ones. I couldn't imagine how a four waffle maker like that would even be configured! Lol.

:yay: that's great!! I'm very happy that he's open to whatever you're feeling is best for you and baby :)
Are you going to look into a local layMW still as well?

lol, 4 square ones. They're :yummy:!

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 15922092)
AFM: We got the rain and snow here too, though more rain than snow. So it's super slick out there. We still managed to go to church though, and church was full! So not too many people were scared enough to stay home today.

:yuck: We got that freezing rain yesterday afternoon, but then it stopped. That just makes a big mess! Yuck!

AFM: DH and all the kids went outside after lunch, took DH 2 hours to shovel the driveway. But it's done now... providing the snow that's starting again doesn't amount to much!
Now we're just waiting on chili and homemade buns for supper :yummy: - smells so good!!!

I've been feeling a lot of squirming and bumps from Hiccup today :wub: A lovely way to hit 18 weeks!

KelseyH 11-11-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

:yay: that's great!! I'm very happy that he's open to whatever you're feeling is best for you and baby :)
Are you going to look into a local layMW still as well?

lol, 4 square ones. They're :yummy:!

I am still going to try and find one, but the more I ask around the more unlikely it seems that we will find one, just because of the laws in NC. :(

canadianbakers 11-11-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelseyH (Post 15922330)
I am still going to try and find one, but the more I ask around the more unlikely it seems that we will find one, just because of the laws in NC. :(

That really stinks. I'm sorry that they're so a$$y about MW.

AFM: :giggle: Hiccup either likes or doesn't like chili... but it sure made him kick in there!

KelseyH 11-11-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

That really stinks. I'm sorry that they're so a$$y about MW.

Me, too. Now is one of the few times I'm wishing we had just sucked it up and moved to VA (to be closer to DH's work) and dealt with the crazy high COL. At least HB MWs are in abundance up there. We are 45 minutes from the state line and it might as well be 45 hours. :(

AFM: OMG, I JUST SAW THE BABY KICK!! My bladder is super full and I just ate, so baby was partying. I've been feeling a lot of movement in the evenings/late nights lately, so I thought I would poke around and see if I got a reaction. :) Well I poked towards the right side of my uterus, where I have been feeling most of the movement. When I took my hand back, after a couple seconds, I saw the teeniest little bump pop out right where I had poked!! I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been looking, but it was undeniably baby!! I have no idea if this has to do with how little weight I've gained so far, or the fact that my bladder was really full (doesn't that push your uterus forward?), or what, but it was super exciting! Just wish DH had been able to see it.

momneedssupport 11-11-2012 05:25 PM

Yay for a home birth!! Dh is pretty much like whatever i want i can do:)

And seeing the baby kick...woop woop!

Afm: made it to FL!! Safe and sound. Kids are playing hard with my dad and little (3) sister! Beach tomorrow!

mibarra 11-11-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport

And seeing the baby kick...woop woop!

By the end with DD2, if you looked at my stomach while sitting it looked like I had a writhing octopus in there. ;)