Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can someone suggest a diaper for us? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462806)

mamamarisa 11-11-2012 10:47 PM

Can someone suggest a diaper for us?

DS is potty training, sometimes, if he feels like it. So we still need dipes, trainers dont cut it. He needs a higher rise but he is a toothpick. Most larges are perfect in the rise but fall off his itti bitty waist and most mediums are great in the waist but sit right at the butt crack which i dont like lol. I want something that is not stay dry, and he can pull down to go potty if he wants. Im open to pretty much anything but fit is always a huge issue, he seriously is a tiny string bean lol. 26lbs and 38in tall. And looking for an actual diaper, not a trainer. Here is what seemed perfect but isnt working: grovia aio, they are outgrown(trainers are too low rise too), simplex fit horrible and personally dont like them, he cant pull down bge's, me sandys are either way too huge or too small, if only they had medium lol... open to hybrid fitteds to use coverless but not regular bc its hard for ds to take off so many layers. I think side snaps are easier for ds to pull down but idk

mommyofboyz 11-12-2012 06:27 AM

My son is 19 months old. We have os side snapping Peachy Greens and Softbums. I am also trying to figure out what we should use for potty training. He likes wearing softbums because he can easily undo the Velcro when he pees but I'm wondering if that will confuse him later on because he doesn't have to push them down. He is able to push down the side snapping diapers if i snap them loose enough. But I love, love love Softbums and they do have a higher rise. Sorry I wasn't any help.

AmandaA 11-12-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Can someone suggest a diaper for us?

I don't know that they would be easy for on-off by himself, but I am a fan of Tots Bots easy fits for my DS. He isn't as tall as your little one, but also very slender. I just went up to the largest rise setting and they are hitting him at his belly button (I think he was 34" tall last month at the peds). We could probably do the middle setting, but I got tired of popping the snaps when I was trying to put them on him. I prefer the aplix and I only have about a finger width between the tabs if that gives you an idea of how small his waist is. We do the snaps too, and they run smaller- I am about half way out on those. Neither V2 or V3 are staydry, but I do think that the V3 minky feels dryer than the V2 bamboo. Relative to the rest of my stash I would say they are very trim, moderately absorbant (but you can add a doubler in the pocket), and wash/dry very well for us.

crunchyNurseMommy 11-12-2012 09:41 AM

I think we are looking for the same thing!!! I have trainers, sandy's & ME side snapping AIO OTW.

I have a stash of tots bots minky. This morning I just tried stuffing the tongue of the inside into the pocket opening & putting the aplix on & pulled them up on my son. I need to let him try pulling them up & down on his own but it worked ok. I needed to tighten them once they were on.

What about ODC loops? It is a side snapping fitted.

lilmonksmom 11-12-2012 12:39 PM

Green Acre Designs makes medium long pocket diapers that are available with OBV inners. They are side-snapping with elastic in the front, so they are pretty easy to pull up and down.
http://www.greenacredesigns.com/stor...=Yes&Thumbs=75

laineypaige 11-12-2012 02:13 PM

I have some coolababy trainers (basically, side snapping diapers) that I got off a b/s/t board on facebook that are great. They have a huge rise, plently for my 3 year old with room to grow, they are a pocket so you can make them as absorbent as you want and they pull up/down easily for us. They would be stay dry though.

MommyLyssa 11-12-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilmonksmom (Post 15925069)
Green Acre Designs makes medium long pocket diapers that are available with OBV inners. They are side-snapping with elastic in the front, so they are pretty easy to pull up and down.
http://www.greenacredesigns.com/stor...=Yes&Thumbs=75

I am going to agree with this post completely :)

abunchoflemons 11-12-2012 03:38 PM

Ffb os we have but I think I would suggest sized fb ( I think waist still change just not leg openings).

lakemama 11-12-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 15925822)
Ffb os we have but I think I would suggest sized fb ( I think waist still change just not leg openings).

I don't think the waist does change on sized FBs. However, I just modified some of my medium FBs to fit my skinny legged kid. I took out 3" of the leg elastic and now they work for us.

mypeanut09 11-12-2012 08:13 PM

What about the sized BottomBumper AIOs? They're side snapping and have five different snap settings for the waist.