Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long till vericose veins go away? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462818)

Brits 11-12-2012 12:03 AM

How long till vericose veins go away?

I had pregnancy induced varicose veins, and I was wondering about how long they usually take to go away after you have the baby. Mine still bother me a bit, but I'm not even two weeks postpartum. If you had them, how long did you have to keep wearing the hose, and how long until they weren't a problem at all?

jaelynsmommy61607 11-12-2012 12:05 AM

Mine took a few weeks. Once all the extra weight came off. I can't remember exactly. I know by 6 weeks pp I was below my prepregnacy weight and it was gone.

apboyles 11-12-2012 03:12 AM

Re: How long till vericose veins go away?

On the flip side, my mom had hers from when she was pregnant with my brothers until she had surgery to remove them a couple months ago. And my brothers are 27!

raisingcropsandbabies 11-12-2012 04:56 AM

Some of mine went away and other veins did not. :( My varicose vein baby is 1 year old (Baby #4, so maybe I'm just too messed up now?). haha

happymama1 11-12-2012 11:52 AM

I didn't get varicose veins until this baby (#4)....I'm expecting my support hose to arrive any day. The crazy thing is...I've gained the least this pregnancy so far, yet I still got them? Oh well...baby is worth it ;)

marliah 11-13-2012 03:33 AM

Mine were gone 2 days postpartum, I was quite surprised. They weren't that bad though, I only had them in two places.

delicatefade 11-13-2012 02:22 PM

Mine are awful, and they only slightly get better in between pregnancies. My legs are scary looking and painful.

Mummandherboys 11-15-2012 12:43 PM

Mine have gotten more severe with each pregnancy (preg with our 5th now) and so therefore have gone away after birth less and less. However, so far anyway, most of the pressure and pain go away pretty quickly after birth and then the veins have gradually gotten less noticeable during the first year after. The vein Dr. I saw this time said that I would need to get them removed after this time though....since we are pretty sure this is our last baby.

Brits 11-15-2012 09:13 PM

Thanks for all the replies, ladies. We are planning on having lots of babies, so I know mine will probably get much worse. I'm hoping since thesis my first pregnancy with them tat they will go away n between. My mil is having hers removed next month, she's had seven kids and hers are pretty awful. I guess it's just one of those things, but I'm still not looking forward to wearing those hose again. :(