Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kawaii thoughts? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462859)

senorajkids 11-12-2012 07:56 AM

Kawaii thoughts?

I'm on a tight budget and need to create a stash for dd. what are your opinions and experience with Kawaii?

sunisrf 11-12-2012 11:18 AM

Re: Kawaii thoughts?

I have a stash of 20 for daycare. We've been using them a lot for the past 6 months are they are holding up great!

Katiebug_1976 11-12-2012 11:58 AM

I used them exclusively with ds from 12 months to potty training (34 months) in a rotation of 16 or 18 (cant remember exactly). So they were washed/used frequently. They have held up great and I have them put away for our new lil man to grow into. Great quality for a great price, imho!

lady longs 11-12-2012 12:26 PM

I haven't used them, but have heard lots of mamas post on here good things about them - also that if they have tried other, more expensive diapers, that they like the more expensive ones a bit better, but cannot justify the cost difference and have maintained stashes of the kawaii in lieu of that.

senorajkids 11-12-2012 12:29 PM

Thank you both. I may order a 24 pk of the minky ones off eBay. Unless anyone knows of a better deal. They are 24 minky for $99 and free shipping.

Any other cheap recommendations?

bigmamakelsey 11-12-2012 01:28 PM

I was actually surprised with how much I like the fit, but they are not good quality IMO. Of the 4 I have, 1 of the aplix belly panels is completely detaching and I've only been using it a month.

dncnshu00 11-12-2012 01:43 PM

I would be leary of ordering that many minky dipes. We tend ti have more leaks with the 1minky I have than with others.

senorajkids 11-12-2012 01:53 PM

There are so many kinds. Which one is best? HD, basic or good nights?

senorajkids 11-12-2012 01:58 PM

My ds started off with Happy Heinys and fuzzibunz. Then I found the bububebe love. I had 35 of her diapers custom made for him. I didn't even use covers but for nights.

Unfortunately I can't afford to do that this time around. I'm now a single mom to four and a full time student. The funds just aren't there now.

kirst 11-12-2012 01:58 PM

I would also stay clear of the minky ones, as I have heard they leak more than other kinds. I have the HD and some Goodnights that I always wholeheartedly recommend, as never have had a single leak with those ones. Mine have held up well but I line dry the covers. I have a few at my mother's place that get dried in the dryer and they look a lot more worn on the velcro than the others, so I would say avoiding the dryer is a good idea to make them last longer.