Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   If anyone is in need of a bigger diapers... read - Added Pic! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463200)

Kabuki24 11-13-2012 08:02 AM

If anyone is in need of a bigger diapers... read - Added Pic!

Swaddlebees Capri! I ordered some for my son, and the size two gets really, really big, bigger than Flips for sure. I know there have been a few threads on here lately about mama's needing bigger diapers, and I think this is a great option. Also, the H&L looks fantastic! I think I found my latest AI2 love!

Edited to add a pic. It's really only about 3/4 inch or maybe an inch longer than a flip, but it just seems like the capri has more coverage in the bum area, oh and double gussets. The Capri is a size 2 in the picture below.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...bf885ae309.jpg

O'sMommy:) 11-13-2012 08:26 AM

Re: If anyone is in need of a bigger diapers... read

I had some but they leaked every single time I put them on my baby. I loved them bc they were so cute but like I said, EVERY time I put them on him, they leaked like there was no tomorrow. The only thing that I've found that for sure works for us is Flip covers with Flip stay dry or Econobum prefolds (which are my current favorite as they don't smell like stay dry) and BG 4.0's which I refuse to use bc I hate stuffing pockets. Everything else I've tried leaks. :(

Kabuki24 11-13-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'sMommy:) (Post 15927627)
I had some but they leaked every single time I put them on my baby. I loved them bc they were so cute but like I said, EVERY time I put them on him, they leaked like there was no tomorrow. The only thing that I've found that for sure works for us is Flip covers with Flip stay dry or Econobum prefolds (which are my current favorite as they don't smell like stay dry) and BG 4.0's which I refuse to use bc I hate stuffing pockets. Everything else I've tried leaks. :(

Oh totaly bummer! Where were they leaking? Was it a fit issue or was it the Capri insert?

seacat 11-13-2012 01:23 PM

These give my two year old a hot bum bum.:) His words not mine. I can't figure it out I think the PUL is just a little bit thicker and holds in heat vs. flips. The binding also irritates his legs. I was totally excited about the cover because the aplix is good and it's large and feels nicer that flips.

Kabuki24 11-13-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacat (Post 15928629)
These give my two year old a hot bum bum.:) His words not mine. I can't figure it out I think the PUL is just a little bit thicker and holds in heat vs. flips. The binding also irritates his legs. I was totally excited about the cover because the aplix is good and it's large and feels nicer that flips.

Oh... you ladies are making me so sad.. I want to love these so much.

Anyone have Capri love?

stephcrouse 11-13-2012 01:32 PM

I love the prints! :goodvibes:
We use Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0s, and I found that the Simplex Onesize fit alot like the Capri size 2. :thumbsup:

MN Mama to 3 11-13-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Oh... you ladies are making me so sad.. I want to love these so much.

Anyone have Capri love?

I bought one last week to try and I LOVE it. It's everything I like about flip covers, but better. The flaps hold a trifolded prefold perfectly, the larger fit will last us longer, double gussets on the legs and of course, the adorable prints. I'm going to hold out for BF sales and pick up some more.

O'sMommy:) 11-13-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24 (Post 15927650)
Oh totaly bummer! Where were they leaking? Was it a fit issue or was it the Capri insert?

It wasn't the Capri insert bc I was using Flip inserts. I'm not sure what the issue was. They were leaking out the legs for us which I found completely odd bc my son has major thunder thighs. But maybe I needed size 1 still. I'm not sure. I'm having the same issue with Thirsties AIO size 2's leaking around the legs. He's 5 months and probably weighs 16-17 lbs so I thought the size 2's in both would be appropriate. Any advise? I already got rid of the Capri covers but should I hold on to the Thirsties for a little longer to see if they work when he's a little bigger?

L J 11-13-2012 07:56 PM

I adore them! I only have one, but I adore it and its very reliable and always grab it for out and about. I use Thirsties duo prefolds, size 2, in the size 2 Capri. If I could afford it I would have more. My dd is on the largest setting on most dipes, but still the smallest setting on the size 2 Capri.

Kabuki24 11-13-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephcrouse (Post 15928681)
I love the prints! :goodvibes:
We use Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0s, and I found that the Simplex Onesize fit alot like the Capri size 2. :thumbsup:

Oh I'm all about the OS simplex! Just wanted a really good aplix option for daycare. These seem bigger than a OS simplex..... off to compare.