Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   What determines how dark the line is? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463443)

BeccaSueCongdon 11-13-2012 07:52 PM

What determines how dark the line is?

I was just wondering bc I've seen so many tests at different dpo's and different people have really dark ones and others really light and it seems to vary from person to person not necessarily based on the dpo?

bigmamakelsey 11-13-2012 07:55 PM

Re: What determines how dark the line is?

Yes, it varies a little from person to person. The more HCG, the darker the line, but generally the longer you're pregnant, the darker the line (as your levels go up.)

Fishie Kisses 11-13-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey (Post 15930387)
Yes, it varies a little from person to person. The more HCG, the darker the line, but generally the longer you're pregnant, the darker the line (as your levels go up.)

I would say it's this. The range for say 14dpo is 5-like 500 or something on blood tests, so the same person can be the same DPO but one have a level of 5 which would mean a very faint line vs a level of 100+ which would be a blaring line

BeccaSueCongdon 11-13-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses

I would say it's this. The range for say 14dpo is 5-like 500 or something on blood tests, so the same person can be the same DPO but one have a level of 5 which would mean a very faint line vs a level of 100+ which would be a blaring line

That makes sense.

trying4more 11-14-2012 09:27 PM

it also depends on the concentration of the urine and how the body metabolizes the hcg!

You and I can have a blood draw the same day, same DPO, both with the same # of hcg, but you might have a darker test then myself.
each test also has it's own amounts of dye.

BeccaSueCongdon 11-15-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trying4more
it also depends on the concentration of the urine and how the body metabolizes the hcg!

You and I can have a blood draw the same day, same DPO, both with the same # of hcg, but you might have a darker test then myself.
each test also has it's own amounts of dye.

Is hcg metabolized through the kidneys since it comes out in urine? I wonder bc I'm on medication that makes my body metabolize things faster (side effect, not its purpose) and I've wondered if that could cause a false negative but haven't seen anything online about it.

trying4more 11-15-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon (Post 15934995)
Is hcg metabolized through the kidneys since it comes out in urine? I wonder bc I'm on medication that makes my body metabolize things faster (side effect, not its purpose) and I've wondered if that could cause a false negative but haven't seen anything online about it.

I'm really not sure?