Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I am so upset.** Pics on page 3** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463509)

dancermommy1 11-14-2012 07:11 AM

I am so upset.** Pics on page 3**

I took my sweet 2 year old for a haircut yesterday. We have been to this place before and they have always had us done in 5 minutes and we've been happy with them. We keep his hair long-ish (until yesterday, anyway).

So, yesterday I had a bad feeling from the minute the girl walked up. She seemed uncomfortable, didn't really smile at us, and when she asked what I wanted done I said "I just want about an inch off all the way around, except his bangs and I just want those right above his eyebrows" She asked if I wanted it layered and I said I didn't want it to look like he had a bowl on his head, but I also didn't mean I wanted really HEAVY layers.

Well. SHE FREAKING BUTCHERED IT. She cut his bangs WAY too short, and they are completely uneven (this is NOT an exaggeration--I could have done better at home by myself). She attempted to get too fancy with layers in the back and ended up cutting a chunk out of his hair (so it's one length a couple of places and in the very center there is just a chunk missing). The back is not even AT ALL and looks very odd. The sides aren't cut the same, and there was no attempt at evenness. And, now his long hair is totally gone. he looks like someone else's kid (with a terrible haircut).

On top of that, it took her friggin' 30 minutes. Finally toward the end I got so annoyed I just said "Lady, you have 30 more seconds to be finished" and we walked out. I did tip her (I just can't not tip) and I didn't say anything because I was too upset. But today I am calling to tell them how angry I am. I had to pay $20 for the worst haircut I've ever seen on anyone, and it is my sweet baby and I'm so so so so so angry.

PLEASE calm me down. I know hair grows back out and I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme and in 5 years I won't remember, blah blah blah but right this second I'm very upset and it's on top of my husband's grandad being hours from death and various other things going on in our lives and this one little thing did not HAVE to be bad but now it is and I SO regret having it cut yesterday. He just needed it out of his eyes! And now it's just a big freaking mess!

chandni3 11-14-2012 08:10 AM

Re: I am so upset.

I'd complain and bring him back in to show them his hair cut. They should try to fix it or offer you the next cut free. You should have said something right away and not tipped. That girl obviously doesn't know what she's doing and shouldn't be cutting anyone's hair.

sweetest 11-14-2012 08:24 AM

That sucks. I would definitely call and let them know about your bad experience, it will make you feel better that you said something. Also, it may prevent someone else from having the same experience.

My DS1 (he is now 8) had the most adorable blond curls and on occasion my DH would insist I get it cut because he was starting to look like a girl. I would get all the curls cut off and then a few months later they would be back until DH complained and we would start the process all over... this lasted for about 3 years. It does grow back and I can almost guarantee that you will laugh about this experience when your LO is 8 (hope that helps a little!)

AcrossTheUniverse 11-14-2012 08:37 AM

I had a similar experience with my DD2 a couple years ago. I ended up calling the salon and speaking to the manager who had me come back in and she personally fixed my DD2's hair and refunded us for the original cut. She also took the name of the original stylist and I'm guessing she got a good talking to about it (the original stylist was rude in addition to being horrible at cutting hair).

So yea, call them. Demand to speak to the manager. Tell them you want the hair fixed and/or a refund.

dancermommy1 11-14-2012 08:56 AM

I'm taking him back this evening. The downside is I hate subjecting him to it again plus I don't want it any shorter. But at least maybe it will be straight.

Jen's_4 11-14-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandni3 (Post 15931457)
I'd complain and bring him back in to show them his hair cut. They should try to fix it or offer you the next cut free. You should have said something right away and not tipped. That girl obviously doesn't know what she's doing and shouldn't be cutting anyone's hair.

Definatly this. Tipping and not saying anything at the time is kind of counterproductive. How do they know you aren't happy with it if you tip and don't say you're dissatisfied? Really the best thing you can do now is damage control, they will probably be happy to try to fix it, and/or offer a discounted or free hair cut on your next visit. I know you're upset, but try to remember that it will grow. It'll be okay. :hugs:

Patchworktiner 11-14-2012 09:23 AM

Why didn't u say anything as it was being done? I'd have lifted him off the chair and walked out the second it went too short

dancermommy1 11-14-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchworktiner (Post 15931709)
Why didn't u say anything as it was being done? I'd have lifted him off the chair and walked out the second it went too short

I don't like confrontation or hurting people's feelings. I did comment some but once it's too short you can't glue it back on.

I also kept thinking maybe she had some magic plan to even it up, it only became clear she was going to leave it a wreck after she'd been at it a while.

I called this morning when they opened and the receptionist has given me an appt with a senior stylist to try to even it out for us and to attempt to make it at least look purposeful. Right now it looks like he got hold of the scissors and did it himself. I guess I should take a photo so I can laugh later when it's grown back out...

mommabritt 11-14-2012 09:56 AM

I would have spoken up immediately at the first sign of it going in the wrong direction. Who cares is she thinks your questioning her- your paying her to his hair the way you want it.

I'm sorry this happened. It is just hair and will grow back. I wouldn't take him back there or ask for a different person. And take in a pic of the hair the way you like it. I find that when they can visually see what you want, it's easier to achieve and no one is dissatisfied.

Mom2Connor 11-14-2012 10:23 AM

Oy, I would be upset too!

We took DS to a small local chain that sort of looks like cookie cutters (they have toy cars they sit in, tv's, etc). It's about a 20 minute drive for us in a neighboring town, but I had bought one of those living social deals for half off a first cut package, it was a good deal and he was due for his first cut. The owner of the place actually was who we got. She did an AWESOME job with DS and he loved it. We took him back a couple months later for a trim, and got a different girl who didn't do as bad a job as yours did, but it wasn't great either. After that, I started requesting the owner.

Now, nearly a year later, I am afraid to go somewhere else (such as cookie cutters, which is literally right next door to BRU in an area we are in probably every other week because of the shops there and restaurants there that we like). Our CC's get bad reviews and I'm so afraid to try somewhere else. I also feel a bit of loyalty to this other place because they've treated us so well. It just stinks having to drive over 20 minutes (with gas prices the way they are, I don't mind the time so much) to get a toddlers hair cut.

I would call and complain, and see what their response is. I would expect an offer of a free haircut by someone else. Can they look up who did the first cut so you can request that person? For our DS's first cut, we didn't remember her name and didn't know at the time that she was the owner, so after the bad second cut we asked if they could look up who did the first cut. They had it on the computer system and told us so we just request her name and book an appt.

It will grow out, I know you know that, but I understand that it stinks in the meantime.