Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ideas for telling DH! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463555)

liveelou 11-14-2012 10:19 AM

Got my BFP this morning! Any ideas for how I should tell DH? This will be our 2nd. My son is 18 months old. Maybe I could include him somehow?

qberry 11-14-2012 10:23 AM

I've see a lot of cute stories about having the older sibling where a big brother/sister tee shirt. :)

nicolemariep 11-14-2012 11:00 AM

Re: Ideas for telling DH!

Congrats!

I have never (in 4 pregnancies) managed to tell DH in a cute way.
1. I was meeting him for lunch at work and blurted it out.
2. I called him on the phone at work and blurted it out.
3. He was home with me and I ended up making him pee on a pregnancy test so I could tell if the 3 that I had taken were indeed BFPs or evaps.
4. I planned to cook him a nice dinner after my night class and tell him the news then, but I picked him up from work, and I only made it in the car 3 blocks before I had to tell him right then.

But, I have heard lots of cute ideas, so if you have slightly more patience than I do, good luck, have fun, and tell us how you end up doing it.

waterisntsomething 11-14-2012 11:14 AM

subbing, not pregnant but i want to do something cute next time. You could wait till thanksgiving and make it holiday themed somehow.

stevensmom 11-14-2012 11:16 AM

I agree if you can wait until next Thursday..."honey my turkey timer is a bit delayed...it's going to pop in July"

liveelou 11-14-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom
I agree if you can wait until next Thursday..."honey my turkey timer is a bit delayed...it's going to pop in July"

Haha that's cute! We'll see if I can wait that long!! Still looking for more ideas just in case!

MommaLEB 11-14-2012 11:20 AM

I was going to have DD hand DH the test, but she ended up being very sick and we were on vacation. I just set the test next to DH's toothbrush on the hotel counter.

liveelou 11-14-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qberry
I've see a lot of cute stories about having the older sibling where a big brother/sister tee shirt. :)

Yeah I've definitely considered this one! It's at the top of my list right now!

samham 11-14-2012 03:05 PM

I was trying to make a huge pastel balloon bouquet with the BFP as the weight but totally couldn't keep it to myself even a few hours. Lol. Maybe next time.

EmilytheStrange 11-14-2012 03:59 PM

I was able to wait a week or so and gave the positive test for him for his birthday. Which only works if your DH's birthday is soon.

cool thing was that my positive test with DD happened at my birthday, so I told him that one of his gifts was something I got a few years ago. He could not figure it out until he opened the box with the test in it.

If it hadn't been the birthday gift, I would have likely done DD in a 'big sister' shirt. Except, I really like the more subtle ones that say 'Only child club - expires April 2013' or whatever your EDD is.