Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it wrong to "steal" your kids halloween candy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463577)

nursenmom 11-14-2012 10:40 AM

Is it wrong to "steal" your kids halloween candy?

Is it wrong to take some of children's Halloween candy from trick or treating for yourself without asking? Does it matter how old they are? My husband and I disagree and am curious what the general consensus is for those who do Halloween and candy.

(We did go through and take out the things they were allergic to and skimmed down their bags)

mama2jack 11-14-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Is it wrong to "steal" your kids halloween candy?

nope, we only did one block but I still dont want my kids to have that much candy or ask for it every day.

dancermommy1 11-14-2012 10:47 AM

Heavens no! Why do you think I had a kid?!?:giggle:

abunchoflemons 11-14-2012 10:49 AM

We usually just say it is for all to share because there is so much and they don't need all. with my 19 month almost we try to eat stuff she can't or doesn't like. Right away we will go through and take out smashed and opened stuff and ask then for candy.

KaleidoscopeEyes 11-14-2012 10:51 AM

nope, we call it mama and daddy tax lol

supermansmomma 11-14-2012 10:51 AM

Haha, no nothing wrong at all, I thinks he's had like 4 pieces. We only did a little bit so he didn't have that much. We got a lot of now and laters and laffy taffy, which he is to little for.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nursenmom 11-14-2012 11:08 AM

Okay, hopefully people won't read this far before voting but I personally don't think there is anything at all wrong with it. They certainly don't need it, obviously I don't feel near as guilty about wrecking my health versus theirs. Anyway my husband seriously thinks I'm being really mean and I was just making sure it was him that was crazy and not me ;-)

DalesWidda 11-14-2012 11:10 AM

Oh gosh, of course not. It's candy! It's not like you're raiding their piggy bank.

Nora+6 11-14-2012 11:10 AM

I don't see why you can't ask. My son is happy to share with us, but we ask first. He might feel more of a need to be stingy (or to eat a lot at once) if he knows that we're just going to take it without permission.

s@hmommy 11-14-2012 11:11 AM

I said other because it is common knowledge in our family it is not "your" candy to start with, it belongs to everyone.