Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   possible herpes on a 2 y/o (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463610)

lissydoll99 11-14-2012 11:39 AM

possible herpes on a 2 y/o

My DS is 2 and gets a recurring blistery rash, Ive taken him to the Dr. for it, and she says that it looks like herpes. All of our family has been up my butt about how they think the cloth diapers give him the rash, blah blah blah :cry:
sometimes its so bad he cant sit on his butt, We have RX cream, and it never makes him better but seems like it makes it feel a little better, we use coconut oil and it just makes him bleed. use CJs and he screams for a good 20 minutes after you put it on. The Dr. cannot test for Herpes unless the blisters are unopened. and they never are long enough for us to get him in for the test.
The Dr. said the Herpes likely came from someone changing his diaper after messing with their cold sore. His Dad gets cold sores, but he and I are not together, so I dont know when he has cold sores etc...:headscratch: I guess I would like to know if any of you have the same issue or any advice for making him more comfortable? Thanks so much:goodvibes:

I would attach a photo, but i would probably make me cry :blush:

nicolemariep 11-14-2012 12:06 PM

Re: possible herpes on a 2 y/o

My son (2) has been dealing with a reoccurring blistery rash on his penis. We've seen 4 pediatricians, a urologist, 2 pediatric urologists, and a dermatologist. One of the last peds we saw thought that it *might* be herpes so they cultured it. It ended up being negative. Which I suspected because neither DH nor I have ever had any cold sores and no one else changes his diaper.

Like you, we tried every cream, every solution. I have found that if my diapers aren't getting REALLY clean we have the outbreaks more often. I have no idea why, but I've found that if I bleach the diapers every 2 months or so, we almost never have outbreaks. If we do get an outbreak, I've found that the Grovia Magic Stick helps it clear so much faster. I had actually never tried it because I was afraid that the scents, etc in it would hurt him, but we tried it last time, and it made such a difference. He healed almost completely in a couple of days, as opposed to a week or so. I have no idea why, but the magic stick helps. Everything else I had tried just made it worse.

I know how frustrating this is! Good luck with getting it under control!

mariamommy 11-14-2012 12:39 PM

What was the Rx cream you tried?

lissydoll99 11-14-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariamommy (Post 15932771)
What was the Rx cream you tried?

nystatin

lynn97 11-14-2012 01:27 PM

Are they sure it isn't Staph? It can present as blisters too. I have no personal experience with it but a friend of mine had trouble with Staph a few years ago and they were blistery boils that he got. It sounded miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lissydoll99 11-14-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 15932984)
Are they sure it isn't Staph? It can present as blisters too. I have no personal experience with it but a friend of mine had trouble with Staph a few years ago and they were blistery boils that he got. It sounded miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

We are well acquainted with staph (MRSA) with my DD, The blisters are not anything like staph blisters... as that was what i was originally worried about. His dr said that she could say for sure it was not staph.

knodceo 11-14-2012 01:34 PM

Has anyone considered molluscum? My daughter Had them under her arm last year...my son has them on his bum this year. If you go to amazon and search molluscum there is a liquid treatment for around $40 that works great! I can't think of the name but it has also worked on any rash we have had.

Good luck!

lissydoll99 11-14-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knodceo (Post 15933015)
Has anyone considered molluscum? My daughter Had them under her arm last year...my son has them on his bum this year. If you go to amazon and search molluscum there is a liquid treatment for around $40 that works great! I can't think of the name but it has also worked on any rash we have had.

Good luck!

so, i just looked that up, and it doesnt look like that, its kinda like that, but WAYYY bigger with varying shapes and sizes, and not as raised as those blisters.

tentrevival 11-14-2012 02:23 PM

No help, but I hope it works out for you. My son has open raw spots from a stomach bug this week, and he is pretty miserable too.

mariamommy 11-14-2012 02:27 PM

It could be infected and need a Rx antibiotic ointment.