Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite covers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463752)

1healthylady 11-14-2012 07:40 PM

Favorite covers

What is your all-time favorite cover to use with tri folded prefolds? What feature makes them your favorite?

Probably typing one handed while breastfeeding. My smartphone can't fix it all.

OHIOFIFI 11-14-2012 08:26 PM

Re: Favorite covers

Thirsties sized and Flip. Flip seem more trim and well fitted on DS little bum and Thirsties seem to get a good fit with little slipping of the PF. The Thirsties seem a little bigger (we are in medium now) than the Flip but the fit seems better with the Flip. At 15 months, I rarely have any leaks with either and no bunching or slipping of the PF.

Honestly, now that I think on it, I like the Flip best LOL. If I didn't have so many covers that are working for us, I think I would go exclusively to Flip just because I find myself reaching for them the most b/c they fit the best & it is the one DH reaches for as well.

Saharan 11-14-2012 08:35 PM

Love flips too

OHIOFIFI 11-14-2012 08:36 PM

Wanted to add that the only con with the Flips that I am noticing is that my DS seems to be outgrowing the rise. At 15 months I am on the highes rise setting.

kellypokorny 11-14-2012 09:28 PM

I love my thirstys covers! I have sized, and the duo (2 sizes). I love, love, love the double gussets! Anything else is Russian Roulet!

amiecheatham 11-15-2012 06:37 AM

Thirsties Duos! Usually I like sized stuff, but the thirsties duo covers are SO adjustable so you'll get tons of use out of them. And if you're just trifolding prefolds, it's nice to have the extra protection of the double gussets. =]

amiecheatham 11-15-2012 06:37 AM

Thirsties Duos! Usually I like sized stuff, but the thirsties duo covers are SO adjustable so you'll get tons of use out of them. And if you're just trifolding prefolds, it's nice to have the extra protection of the double gussets. =]

sunlightmlp 11-15-2012 09:07 AM

I really like the Swaddlebee's Capri for trifolding. It has flaps to hold the prefold in place, and the flaps dry quickly (which is the biggest con to the similar Weehuggers cover). It's a two-size system, so it has a better fit on smaller babies. The Capri has double gussets for poop containment, too. While the cover did get very soiled on the inside, my Capri with a trifolded prefold contained one of the most explosive EBF poo's my son has ever had!

Magoo07 11-15-2012 09:59 AM

Flips for sure! I find them the trimmest I've tried so far, I use them at night with a stay dry insert and hemp doubler, but have used prefolds in them too and still find they're a better fit than some others I've tried on my DD.

1healthylady 11-15-2012 02:07 PM

Thanks! I have 1 thirsties size 1 and 1 RAR. The rest are mama made covers designed like the Thirsties. I want to try something else too tho since she doesn't have too much longer in the size 1. The RAR makes a great nighttime cover since I bulk her up so much. I think I'll like it more for daytime as she gets bigger. With your suggestions, I think DD will be getting a Flip and Capri cover for Christmas. :)

Probably typing one handed while breastfeeding. My smartphone can't fix it all.