Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Insomnia (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463800)

leviandgarettsmom 11-15-2012 05:54 AM

Insomnia

The last 3 nights I have had AWFUL insomnia & it is killing me. I was up at 6 a.m. Monday morning, 5:30 Tues & Wed, & 4:15 this morning. I have one cup of coffee in the mornings & usually don't even drink all of it, and then I'm caffeine free the rest of the day. And I haven't napped during the day, except I laid down for 30 minutes yesterday. I am completely exhausted, but cannot get into a deep sleep to save my life. I toss & turn, wake up multiple times & dream when I actually go to sleep which is annoying. You know how if you take too much of a sleep aid like Tylenol PM or something it kinda has the opposite affect, you feel drowsy but don't really go to sleep, & you have crazy dreams?! Well thats me! Only I'm not taking ANYTHING!!!!! :banghead:

keonli 11-15-2012 07:50 AM

Re: Insomnia

I'm having this late in my pregnancy. I only slept an hour (5:30 to 6:30 am) and now have to work a full day so I won't be able to nap. I am resorting to coffee to survive. My sleep patterns are so off with this pregnancy, and I'm uncomfortable and toss and turn all night. I hope it gets better for you.

leviandgarettsmom 11-15-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli
I'm having this late in my pregnancy. I only slept an hour (5:30 to 6:30 am) and now have to work a full day so I won't be able to nap. I am resorting to coffee to survive. My sleep patterns are so off with this pregnancy, and I'm uncomfortable and toss and turn all night. I hope it gets better for you.

I'm only a little over 4wks. :P

my2sweets 11-15-2012 09:33 AM

I have dealt with this for most of this pregnancy. It got so bad at one point I was really getting depressed and very! angry and considered calling my shrink for antidepressants :( Then I got 3 nights of sleep and I was like a completely different person. I had Sept and half of oct of pretty good sleep but the sleepless nights are back. The 5ish hrs I do get are restless and broken up(30mins of sleep, up for 2hrs, sleep for an hr, up for an hr, ect). Ive gone back to napping(or at least resting) and going to bed the sec I feel like I could actually fall asleep at night(even if that means at 8 like last night lol). So far I only feel tired-not like Im going crazy.

AniMommy 11-15-2012 02:55 PM

benedryl is my god send. I'm a cronic insominac anyways and can't use the "big guns" right now. OB said benedryl is fine.

I'm just so uncomfortable when I lie down, poor DH and I aren't sleeping in same bed (at least not for very long) because one of us gets up because the other is bothering them.

8 weeks to go! And then after the baby's born I'll have plenty of rest, relaxation and deep deep sleep, right? :roflmbo:

brookglen 11-15-2012 05:24 PM

I take Benadryl but your too early in pregnancy to do that. I'd drink a cup of sleepy time tea, take a bath and maybe work out during the day. You're probably just couple of weeks away from complete and utter exhaustion so maybe just psh through for now.