Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper Trials? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463818)

stacy32613 11-15-2012 07:54 AM

Diaper Trials?

I'm having our third baby in March and we're trying out CD for the first time :) I'm wondering if anyone has used a diaper trial to get their feet wet; which diaper trial did you use and what did you like/dislike about it?

Thanks for your input. I've been finding a plethora of useful knowledge here to help me get started.

dncnshu00 11-15-2012 08:59 AM

Re: Diaper Trials?

I don't have any experience because I didn't do a diaper trial but Nicki's Diapers offers one where you can actually pick the diapers you are wanting to try. If you're completely unsure as to what you want you can get a pre-packaged one from Jillian's Drawers.

c&w's mama 11-15-2012 10:10 AM

I wish I had done this!!! I wouldn't be destashing a ton of BG right now if I did. Would have saved me a LOT of money and TIME. Not sure you can go wrong if you get from one of the big names on line (mentioned above). I personally wish I had gone with a local store in Baltimore called Soft and Cozy baby. Really helpful and you can pick your own types-- I'm sure they would suggest types also. Just pick a well known company with terms you like and dipes you want to try-- and I don't think you can go wrong!!

Really. Ton of money and ton of time. Learn from my mistake ;)

stacy32613 11-15-2012 10:56 AM

I don't think I have anything in my burb that does a rental or trial, though we're in a neighboring burb to Chi so I'm sure there's one there! Good idea to look into finding something local :)
I like the idea of trials where I pick- I know DH won't be on board with a flat or something else more complicated (and if I'm honest, I probably won't be either!!).

Thanks so much!

Kelbel81906 11-15-2012 07:14 PM

We have a 15 Day Wash Program at Nicki's Diapers where you can use any diaper or training pant for 15 days and if you don't like it for ANY reason, return it for full store credit and try something else (or use it on anything else at our store!). You can do this unlimited times, so it works great to find the perfect diaper for you!

c&w's mama 11-15-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelbel81906 (Post 15937790)
We have a 15 Day Wash Program at Nicki's Diapers where you can use any diaper or training pant for 15 days and if you don't like it for ANY reason, return it for full store credit and try something else (or use it on anything else at our store!). You can do this unlimited times, so it works great to find the perfect diaper for you!

wish I knew that last summer :thumbsup: love the concept.

dncnshu00 11-15-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelbel81906 (Post 15937790)

It never occurred to me that I could keep doing this until I found a diaper I love. I just purchased a Thirsties Duo from you because of this!

Darkfyre 11-15-2012 10:11 PM

we did a trial with Jillian's Drawers. New dipes, CASH return on what you don't keep, coupon for free shipping on next order. Great store to work with.

FriedaT 11-17-2012 09:44 AM

I did one through Itsy Bitsy Bums. New diapers, cash refund, I could keep any I wanted and deduct that amount from the refund, and I could buy more diapers at a discount.

There's a thread on here somewhere with a list of all the diaper trials.

stacy32613 11-17-2012 10:00 AM

Thanks so much for all the great tips! I'll have to see if I can search for that thread you mentioned :)