Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   FedEx and USPS: The forces of stupidity unite! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463871)

ChihuahuaMama13 11-15-2012 09:39 AM

FedEx and USPS: The forces of stupidity unite!

I placed an order with Amazon about a week ago, and have been tracking it each day. Yesterday, tracking showed FedEx delivered it to my PO, so I copied down the USPS tracking number and started watching that. All day yesterday there were no updates, and it didn't deliver, so I checked the FedEx number again. It was put back on the FedEx truck, brought to another sorting center, then last night delivered to another PO about an hour from here. I figured it would probably get sorted out overnight so I checked again this morning, and the wrong PO has the package out for delivery in their city!

I didn't get a chance to call before anyone closed yesterday, so I had to call today anyway, but now I'm just so upset. I called USPS, and they just gave me a number to the wrong PO, and the number doesn't work :banghead:

What am I to do?

Hillargh 11-15-2012 02:05 PM

They've had that option, as well as UPS, for a while now. Most free shipping goes that route. Most orders I get that go from FedEx or UPS to PO take up to a week after they get to the PO to get to me. Obviously they can't deliver it in that city, so really all you can do is wait or call that PO and ask. If you know the PO name/number you can look up their phone number.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

ChihuahuaMama13 11-15-2012 03:41 PM

Re: FedEx and USPS: The forces of stupidity unite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh (Post 15936912)
They've had that option, as well as UPS, for a while now. Most free shipping goes that route. Most orders I get that go from FedEx or UPS to PO take up to a week after they get to the PO to get to me. Obviously they can't deliver it in that city, so really all you can do is wait or call that PO and ask. If you know the PO name/number you can look up their phone number.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Oh I know they transfer to USPS, I've been ordering online for many many years lol. I just think it's ridiculous that FedEx brought it to my city first, then took it back and dropped it off at another city where their PO is actually trying to deliver it. THAT makes no sense..

janeen0225 11-16-2012 02:08 PM

How did this work out? I'm watching tracking for a package right now -- out for delivery in a nearby city! Sigh.

ChihuahuaMama13 11-16-2012 07:10 PM

I received my item, but the tracking never updated. It still says it's out for delivery in the other city.

KelseyH 11-16-2012 07:37 PM

I've dealt with that, plus the fact that there is an East AND West to our street and apparently our mail carrier is seriously directionally challenged.
We routinely get the mail and packages to the same house # on the other street, and if a package is ever marked as "delivered" and I don't have it, I just go knock on their door. I think the Pony Express was probably more effective than USPS.

MrsStripe 11-16-2012 07:41 PM

I know they sometimes switch to USPS, but all of my Amazon orders stick with UPS. And, I have the best UPS guy so I hope I didn't just jinx that. Glad your package figured out where it was going.

Boheme 11-16-2012 08:01 PM

I've had to stop using my PO box number for any shipment that I wasn't CERTAIN would go UPS or USPS. FedEx to my PO Box means that it will sit for a week or more at a hub 90 miles from me before being transferred to the USPS. It then gets to my PO overnight. I think it's the transfer that messes things up. The USPS is always fantastic in my parts, as is UPS.

FedEx is another story. I've had 4 packages in the last year be delivered to completely wrong addresses (once in a whole other town), even though the addresses were clearly marked on both the package AND the houses they were delivered to.

And at least once a month they won't even TRY to deliver it even though it's marked "out for delivery". They just reschedule it. I think we're in the "no man's land" between two FedEx hubs and neither driver wants to come this far if they don't have to.

I hate FedEx and anything associated with them.