Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   11 month old still doesn't have teeth! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463881)

irishdancemomma 11-15-2012 10:13 AM

11 month old still doesn't have teeth!

My 11 month old son still doesn't have any teeth. Should I be concerned? It's very frustrating for him because it makes it really hard to eat most things.

kushie tushie 11-15-2012 10:15 AM

My SIL did get her first tooth till she was 18 months.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

escapethevillage 11-15-2012 10:16 AM

Re: 11 month old still doesn't have teeth!

I don't know if it's true or not....my daughter didn't have teeth until over 12 months. But, she's never had a single cavity, and she's 20 yrs old now.

She did need braces, but never had cavities. She didn't take good care of her teeth, even when she had braces.

All of her teeth came in late. She didn't get two year molars til she was in Pre-K, didn't get 12 yr Molars til her senior year of high school, and still doesn't have wisdom teeth at 20.

calleiah 11-15-2012 10:18 AM

I had no teeth till my first birthday. As a kid my dentist told my parents that the longer it takes for a babies teeth to come in, the better the teeth are? Have no idea if that's actually based in truth or just his observation but I never had a cavity.
I wouldn't worry momma. He should be able to gum some of the softer steamed veggies like sweet potatoes and avocado. I understand your frustration though. :) Enjoy that gummy smile a little longer!

KandFsMomma 11-15-2012 10:24 AM

My babes got their first teeth at 11 months, they also breastfeed and didn't really start eating "food" until they were over 1yr.

thealmightyme 11-15-2012 10:35 AM

Every child is different as I'm sure you know. My kids all got their first tooth,at 5 months. My friends son didn't get his first tooth until 15 months.

mariamommy 11-15-2012 10:38 AM

Its totally normal, no need for concern.

Those first teeth don't really help for chewing anyway. The molars in the back do help but those come in even later.

lakemom 11-15-2012 10:39 AM

My middle dd cut her first tooth the week of her 1st birthday. I kept asking both the dr and dentist about it since the rest all had teeth around 7-8 months and they both told me they wouldn't "worry" (ie check it out) until after she turned 18 months. I just figured she ended up on the late side of average. She lost her baby teeth really late too!

myoo 11-15-2012 10:42 AM

DS got his first tooth at 10.5 months. I thought it would never happen! And, believe it or not, even babies who HAVE teeth don't use them to chew their food; babies use their super-hard gums to mash up the food instead.

txmommytobe 11-15-2012 10:45 AM

My middle son didn't get his first tooth until about 15 months :) I was sure something was wrong since my oldest had a mouthful of teeth by a year. But my pedi assured me it was fine :)

He did get frustrated when in kinder all his friends started losing teeth and he wasn't. Because he got them so late he didn't lose any teeth until 1 month shy of his 7 th birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum