Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Inexpensive, but absorbant prefolds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463884)

mothergooseofthree 11-15-2012 10:35 AM

Inexpensive, but absorbant prefolds

I loved prefolds on dd 8yo when she was a nb. Back then I used chinese prefolds. What are the best inexpensive prefolds now? Best place to buy?

kbevie 11-15-2012 10:51 AM

Re: Inexpensive, but absorbant prefolds

It's still the indian cotton prefolds that are absorbent and cheapest. A set of 6 are $28 plus shipping at places like Kelly's Closet and Diaper Junction. They don't last all night for my daughter but a good 3 hours during the day. I also like the SBish bamboo terry prefolds which are slightly more absorbent but they're starting to get a little crunchy after a few months of use. Plus, they're really expensive.

AZmommy 11-15-2012 10:52 AM

you can still use Chinese prefolds
I find Chinese are the most durable and nicely soft I kinda wish more use them to make sized prefolds
Indian I find softer and a little stretchier but wear faster still EXCELLENT choice and I think they can be a hair more assorbent than Chinese..

SOme great places to get prefolds include
Green Mountain diapers
Diaper Junction
Nicki diapers
cotton babies still sells Chinese prefolds

babymakes3.4.5.... 11-15-2012 11:21 AM

The first prefolds I bought were the blue edge Chinese ones from cottonbabies.com. They are fantastic, inexpensive, and they have free shipping! I also really like our diaper rite prefolds from diaperjunction.com, but you would have to buy enough to qualify for free shipping. GMD are also really nice, but more expensive and you are going to pay for shipping no matter what :)

sunlightmlp 11-15-2012 11:27 AM

Although a little more pricey (but not super expensive), I love the GMD prefolds.

Katiebug_1976 11-15-2012 03:18 PM

I ended up buying GMD orange edge prefolds...but I've heard really good things about Imagine bamboo prefolds from Nicki's Diapers, too, and they are a little bit cheaper, I think.

mamamarisa 11-15-2012 04:31 PM

i use econobum prefolds, from cottonbabies. The indian pfs that cottonbabies sells started wearing holes when prepping, but the econobums are amazing. Ive had bleached gmd too, i bought them used though so cant say exactly how they wear, i dont recall the history of them but they were ok. When ds was about 4 mos we folded gerber pfs in half and bikini twisted them on him, i would never do that again lol.

penguinande 11-15-2012 04:38 PM

I also really like my Chinese prefolds from cottonbabies.

Kelbel81906 11-15-2012 06:12 PM

Check out Imagine Prefolds from Nicki's Diapers! They are top quality, really soft and absorbent and the price is great! I've used them for 3 babies now :)

mariamommy 11-15-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelbel81906
Check out Imagine Prefolds from Nicki's Diapers! They are top quality, really soft and absorbent and the price is great! I've used them for 3 babies now :)

Yes, imagine smart fits are wonderful!