Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Real homes with kids in them (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463950)

Bhavana 11-15-2012 01:43 PM

Real homes with kids in them

Where can I find images of those? Im a houzz.com fan and I :drif: while checking it out, but those images are so set up/dont like like kids live there...with expensive ceramic lamps on glass coffee tables, white sofa covers, streak-free window panes, toothpaste splatter free mirrors, pristine white sinks and toilets...dont even get me started on the kitchens!

Are they billion dollar homes set up for sale or do people live there?

I want to look at homes of real moms with kids underfoot. Is there any such site (apart from a couple of threads -or rather daring mamas- posting about remodeling/minimizing on here) homes with stuff lying around, walls written on...

Sites with ideas about how to secure your stuff yet keep kids safe.For Eg: I have this huge hutch which is sitting bare without its shelves -we moved a couple of mos ago -because DS1 climbs on it all the time to keep his crayons/pens, etc fm ds2's hands. It abutts the dining table, so a chair to climb on is already there! I have plans of getting glass doors on them and locking the hutch, but that's still years away....not in the budget/time for it.

Im venting. Please mamas, tell me your floors also weep with you on some days! That your wedding band is envious of the ring in the loo!

chandni3 11-15-2012 01:49 PM

Re: Real homes with kids in them

Well, it's my daughter's first birthday party on Saturday and I have morning sickness. I cleaned part of the house today but the dogs have already messed it up. I know that my husband is going to shave and get hair all over my nice clean bathroom, and walk in the house with his boots on and I could have brushed my dog for an hour and he'd still be shedding. I feel like putting a sign up, "I cleaned before you came, seriously". Have you tried looking on Pinterest? There's lots of practical things on there.

wmurillo410 11-15-2012 02:40 PM

Pinterest is good.

Just FTR...I have glass side table and coffee table, ceramic lamps in my bedroom and a feaux crystal one in my living room on glass table. My windows need cleaned because DS and the dogs outside but its 40 degrees out and I dont want to. Oh, and those glass.tables I have, I clean multiple times a day. LOL

monkeymama07 11-15-2012 02:45 PM

They make things you can use to secure heavy Items....

I think I got mine at babies r us im pretty sure places like lowes sell them.

wmurillo410 11-15-2012 02:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 124805

Attachment 124804

Attachment 124803

blane,j,&morgansmom 11-15-2012 02:49 PM

Im brave enuff. Here is a 'real home with kids!'

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/a...mewkids003.jpg

BeccaSueCongdon 11-15-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blane,j,&morgansmom

That's what I'm talking about!

blane,j,&morgansmom 11-15-2012 02:54 PM

Couch? what couch? You mean we have a place for adults to sit?

wmurillo410 11-15-2012 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay here is another angle. It's dirty to me...DHs shoes, DS chair out, book n

Attachment 124809

ot in place

Hope4More 11-15-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blane,j,&morgansmom

Oh thank goodness- my house really IS normal!

Attachment 124814

Yes, those ARE boxes piled in the corner, and yes, half of them ARE waiting to go to the dumpster. The other half have been waiting for 4 months to go to storage :D