Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Carseat recommendation (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463953)

Art mama 11-15-2012 01:54 PM

Carseat recommendation

Ok. I'm buying a new carseat and want recommendations. I'm currently using a 6 year old britax marathon that is expiring. I have truly loved this carseat. My dd is 6 mo old rear facing and she's a chunky monkey...weighs over 20lbs. I'm considering another marathon but wanted recommendations. Thanks!

Art mama 11-15-2012 01:55 PM

Oh and I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe and the current britax fits pretty good. I was also considering the Diono radian.

blane,j,&morgansmom 11-15-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Carseat recommendation

Ya know there is a carseat forum! The mamas there know sooo much! I personally LOVE our Recaro Pro Sport. We started with the Marathon then moved to the pro sport. Should have started with the Pro Sport instead IMO!

Art mama 11-15-2012 02:23 PM

No I didn't realize that. I'll try to find it. I'll also check out the Recaro before I order. Thanks!

tmy237 11-15-2012 02:25 PM

We have Marathons and needed to go 3 across so we added in a Diono Radian and love it. It's a nice seat.

wmurillo410 11-15-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blane,j,&morgansmom
Ya know there is a carseat forum! The mamas there know sooo much! I personally LOVE our Recaro Pro Sport. We started with the Marathon then moved to the pro sport. Should have started with the Pro Sport instead IMO!

I have a recaro como, it expires next year but I'm going to buy another recaro.
I have installed this seat rear facing in the following cars:
06 nissan maxima
03 Mitsubishi eclipse
97 mustang Cobra

I've installed FF in:
06 nissan maxima
10 Camry
07 Silverado

DS is a big boy, born 9 lb 14 1/2 oz, 21 in. He is 21 months and in a 3T/4T to give you an idea on his size. He's got a lot of room to grow into the seat

Art mama 11-15-2012 02:39 PM

If you had to choose between these two which one would you buy again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmy237 (Post 15937000)
We have Marathons and needed to go 3 across so we added in a Diono Radian and love it. It's a nice seat.

safghf 11-15-2012 03:13 PM

We have a Boulevard and now two Radians. Never minded the Boulevard, found it super easy to install, and felt 100% safe with my kids in it, but man oh man is there a lot of wasted plastic space on that bad boy! Love our Radians. Currently using them with angle adjusters for 3yo ERF DD and 16mo ERF DS. Pricey, but for us they have been worth every penny.

uncertain 11-15-2012 03:20 PM

I too love love our Radians. Had Britaxes before then needed three across. I really think you can't go wrong with a Radian, and I bet there will be lots of good deals on Cyber Monday! I think its eight or more yeaes till they expire too.

Art mama 11-15-2012 03:32 PM

I was thinking about waiting until then but didn't know if there would be good deals or not