Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cloth diapering a newborn for the first time! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463956)

MrsRobinson 11-15-2012 01:58 PM

Cloth diapering a newborn for the first time!

Okay so we have been cloth diapering since our youngest was about 4/5 months. My oldest is 3 and potty trained, and my younger is 19 months. We are due with number 3 in February.

So far I have 3 small gDiapers, and a Nb bumgenius aio. I don't have any cloth inserts for the gdiapers yet though. But that's it...and I'm due in 10 weeks pretty much( they said to be ready by January since I'm thinning)...so yea...we have a lot of normal one size diapers, covers, prefolds ect, but those won't fit till like 4/5months. So what do you ladies suggest? I'm trying to figure out this applying on here so I can search the foot. HDTV has me on a mini budget since we already have so many and won't use these long lol...

Wha

meljc 11-15-2012 02:18 PM

Re: Cloth diapering a newborn for the first time!

Newborn rental from Kissed by the Moon?

ClothAngel 11-15-2012 02:36 PM

I would look into Fuzzibunz XS and sposoeasy, those should fit a little longer. I think Grovia's are rated for up to 12lbs too. Small G's are probably what will fit the longest, or really any size small diaper will fit a long time. My friends baby fit FB smalls from infant until 16 months!

abunchoflemons 11-15-2012 02:38 PM

Why cant u use prefolds in gdiapers?not familiar with much besides my pockets?

dncnshu00 11-15-2012 03:46 PM

NB Simplex fit up to 16 pounds but can be pricey for such a short time. I agree with the rental offered by Kissed By The Moon.

MrsRobinson 11-15-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meljc
Newborn rental from Kissed by the Moon?

What is this?

dncnshu00 11-15-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsRobinson

What is this?

Go to www.kissedbythemoon.com on the left side of the screen at the bottom is a link for diaper rental. It's just like it sounds, you can pick out diapers to rent and return them when you're done.

dannic 11-15-2012 06:25 PM

a rental is a good idea...the simplex are my fave. ds was born 2 oz shy of 11 lbs, is six weeks, in 6 mos clothes, but they still fit (although barely, lol.)
I tried nb: grovia, bg, tots bots, simplex and lil joeys--tots bots and simplex are by far superior in fit and absorbancy. I found bg to be awkward in fit even on my lg nb...grovias don't strtch/conform to baby well, lil fjoeys took too long to dry and absorbancy was outgrown fast. He just outgrew the tots bots and I loved the simplex so much that I am sizing up to meds in them. HTH!