Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Spoiled kids of the 80s? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464058)

mommy24babes 11-15-2012 07:26 PM

I was reading the comments and someone commented that children of the 80s are the entitlement generation.

I had never heard of this before.

Are children of the 80s entitled? :giggle:

Oops forget to post the link lol

http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy...not_to_ask_for

Gerdgrid 11-15-2012 07:31 PM

Re: Spoiled kids of the 80s?
 
I think every generation thinks the one coming up after it is spoiled and entitled.

Kids these days, ya know?

Janine 11-15-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaci
I think every generation thinks the one coming up after it is spoiled and entitled.

Kids these days, ya know?

I agree. I even remember hearing the same thing about the baby boomers when I was growing up.

loveramongstars 11-15-2012 07:37 PM

I still think the kids of the 2000s are spoiled. :giggle:

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Janine 11-15-2012 07:46 PM

In general we have this idea that with each successive generation comes more opportunity, more conveniences, more chances for leisure. And so everyone thinks that the generation that comes after them has had the world handed to them on a silver platter, and they don't even appreciate it. You know, the whole "When I was a kid I had to walk uphill in the snow both ways" syndrome. We think we've struggled and they've been coddled.

jam's mum 11-15-2012 07:52 PM

Re: Spoiled kids of the 80s?
 
In England at least (although it would make sense in the US too, what with Reagan) Margaret Thatcher's politics are widely seen as having given rise to a generation of people who were out for themselves, self-important, scornful of others and of society at large.

Gerdgrid 11-15-2012 07:55 PM

Re: Spoiled kids of the 80s?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jam's mum (Post 15938189)
In England at least (although it would make sense in the US too, what with Reagan) Margaret Thatcher's politics are widely seen as having given rise to a generation of people who were out for themselves, self-important, scornful of others and of society at large.

There's a large number of Americans who think those are desirable traits, and that Reagan is a demi-god :giggle:

dagmomma 11-15-2012 08:11 PM

Re: Spoiled kids of the 80s?
 
Well you know we did have all those cabbage patch dolls.

moms5angels 11-15-2012 08:16 PM

Re: Spoiled kids of the 80s?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 15938270)
Well you know we did have all those cabbage patch dolls.

i still have mine from when i was a kid. i named him brian. :giggle:

dagmomma 11-15-2012 08:18 PM

Re: Spoiled kids of the 80s?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moms5angels (Post 15938287)
i still have mine from when i was a kid. i named him brian. :giggle:

:giggle: I HAD A BRIAN!!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors