Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fitted Diaper Help Please (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464201)

BabyLuvinMama 11-16-2012 10:44 AM

Fitted Diaper Help Please

OK so heres the deal My God-Son is a whole 17pounds at 10 Months Old hes just a little one and thats Fine he is plenty healthy and No concerns HOWEVER between Mom and I we can NOT find a Good Diaper to Fit him that doesnt Gap at the legs and at the waist and Leak EVERY Single time... we have good Luck with Prowraps covers No problem but I have others I want to use that Dont fit him right due to the way he is Shaped LONG torso Skinny Thighs NO bum no tummy...

What kind of Fitted do you Recommend? I am Ok with Bulk honestly I Love a BIG ol Fluffy bum so big they waddle When they walk HAHAHA I love to put him in a Fitted with Baby Legs and a matching Tee so Covers dont really matter too much except for Night and Naps.

I got all the covers pockets and and all in ones Im going to need (Not a fan of aios or Pockets just have them for extras) I just Need more fitteds so Im doing a bit of Research NOW so I can buy next month :giggle2:

Ky-Momma 11-16-2012 10:55 AM

Re: Fitted Diaper Help Please

My DD has a medical condition that affects her metabolism. She is healthy, but cannot gain weight. She weighs 15lbs at 16 mo. Long and skinny, like your Godson it sounds like. I found the only fitteds that work are GMD workhorses with no closure that you pin or snappi. Otherwise I just do prefolds and covers to get the right fit. We've had luck with Thirsties Duos with covers and such but she has to have natural fibers b/c of sensitive skin. GOOD LUCK!

BabyLuvinMama 11-16-2012 11:06 AM

we had the same issue with the Natural fibers... when my Other God son Now 4 and Fully Potty learned was Younger he had Sensetive issues as well I used Kiss-a-Luvs, Thirsties Fitted (Not the duos) and Sandys with Great success but Can't find them for a Decent price with this one... The last 2 times I have bought Fitted FSOT The elastic was Nearly shot so Im having some Confidence issues with FSOT as well since neither were Disclosed before plopping down a large chunk of change. I chalk it up to lesson learned and ask more questions next time but have to be a bit more careful this time around with the Cash LOL

soon2b3 11-16-2012 11:08 AM

I would try the dreameze fitteds. They discontinued them but you can still find them on the bst

sweetjulz 11-16-2012 12:50 PM

We have a DD who is 9 months, 13 pounds.

The Little Boppers sized fitteds work for her and we have some Tots Bots Bamboozles that fit. We have used a Sbish snapless, with luck, as well.

As far as covers, we only use wool covers over fitteds, so we have been using Sbish underwoolies, which are ridiculously big looking, but do the job.

RockinLou 11-16-2012 12:55 PM

I would try Kiwi Pie, i think they are very trim, and narrow. THere are some out there with retailers made with bamboo still, and GroVia announced the Kiwi Pie line is being branded into their name and with a few changes they are releasing soon too. I love ours, and they are super stretchy, but if there's one complaint I hear it is in the small fit of them, so that might be good for you!

Otherwise, I would see if there are any WAHMs who can make them side sapping, my daugter was tall and very thin and side snap diapers worked best for her.

stephcrouse 11-16-2012 06:27 PM

I agree with the suggestion for kiwi pie onesize fitteds, and also the sb'ish snapless fitteds. I'm trying to find fitteds that work well on my son who is bigger than average and I found that those are too trim in the bum for us. :goodvibes:

qsefthuko 11-16-2012 06:48 PM

The bag shot row bamboo diapers may also do well for your lo. Although we use them they really are to narrow in the bum for my well endowed toddler.

BabyLuvinMama 11-16-2012 07:25 PM

Thanks for the Great Help... Im going to Look into some pricing for the Following:
Dream Eze Fitted, Kiwi Pie, The Others If I can find good condition or Better used but Tot bots, and Sbish are just really spendy Really close to the same price as GMs, Piddle Poddles and and the squishy fitteds retailing for $30+ a diaper I just dont have the cash for those

stephcrouse 11-17-2012 10:52 AM

Pm me mama, I have some things that might work for you, and I can pass the deals on that I got here :thumbsup: