Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Giant Osocozy prefolds! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464226)

abbysparkles 11-16-2012 11:48 AM

Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
My almost 15 pound, 10 week old son is barely squeezing into his Osocozy size 1 prefolds. So I prepped a package of Osocozy size 2 and they are HUGE! Initially his size 1's were big but I just folded over the top and it worked fine. We only use prefolds at home but geez louise... they are GINORMOUS! Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking of ordering some GMD since they are sized but really don't want to spend a lot of money on prefolds.

Thanks!

isabelsmummy 11-16-2012 11:59 PM

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
You could trifold your size 1's to use them for longer?
Otherwise, you're right, the bigger standard size is rather huge on a 10week old.

What we used to do actually, with the size ones was do something inbetween. We'd lay the cover down, lay the diaper on top, put baby on top and then just fold the part between their legs in and do the cover up. No pins etc.. The cover held it in place and it gave a bit more coverage around the bum than trifolding.

nahrie 11-17-2012 12:15 AM

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
Imagine and Diaper Rite prefolds are sized like GMD but cheaper.

lashon20 11-17-2012 05:48 AM

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nahrie (Post 15942668)
Imagine and Diaper Rite prefolds are sized like GMD but cheaper.

I agree with what she said. I bought Diaper Rite this time around cause they're cheaper and the same as far as quality and absorbency. Also shipping is cheaper than GMD.

babymakes3.4.5.... 11-17-2012 06:17 AM

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
I love diaper rites as well!!!!

lynn97 11-17-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nahrie
Imagine and Diaper Rite prefolds are sized like GMD but cheaper.

Yep. And I like my DRs better than my GMDs too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Melinda29 11-17-2012 06:28 AM

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abbysparkles (Post 15940332)
My almost 15 pound, 10 week old son is barely squeezing into his Osocozy size 1 prefolds. So I prepped a package of Osocozy size 2 and they are HUGE! Initially his size 1's were big but I just folded over the top and it worked fine. We only use prefolds at home but geez louise... they are GINORMOUS! Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking of ordering some GMD since they are sized but really don't want to spend a lot of money on prefolds.

Thanks!

Okay, so companies like GMD and DiaperRite just took standard sized prefolds like yours and started making them shorter so parents did not have to fold them down, and reduce bulk. So all you need to do is serge a couple inches off one end. Know anyone witth a serger? I think you want them about 15 inches long (I am assuming they are about 13" wide when shrunk). That would make them the right size.

Also, it works great to trifold your smaller ones to make them last longer. I could easily use 10"x12" prefolds trifolded the long way until my kids were 18 pounds

lynn97 11-17-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melinda29

Okay, so companies like GMD and DiaperRite just took standard sized prefolds like yours and started making them shorter so parents did not have to fold them down, and reduce bulk. So all you need to do is serge a couple inches off one end. No anyone witth a serger? I think you want them about 15 inches long (I am assuming they are about 13" wide when shrunk). That would make them the right size.

Also, it works great to trifold your smaller ones to make them last longer. I could easily use 10"x12" prefolds trifolded the long way until my kids were 18 pounds

But she'll want them long again later, right OP?

I would still buy some sized PFs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

dudleypippen 11-17-2012 06:58 AM

Just wanted to chime in that we have some serious Imagine love here! I used GMD for newborn and smalls, but my medium Imagines are fluffier than my medium GMD. If It wouldn't be so expensive I would gladly trade out for more Imagines and they are cheaper as pp said.

Melinda29 11-17-2012 08:40 AM

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 15942915)
But she'll want them long again later, right OP?

I would still buy some sized PFs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

No, probably not. By the time the baby would need THAT much length (if he ever does), he would need more width as well. That's the problem with traditonal sized prefolds like these. The width gets outgrown before the length ever will (in most babies). If OP trims these, they WILL be sized prefolds--size medium. They would work great now folded and pinned/snappied, and trifolded later. She could get true size large later if the baby actually needs it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors