Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do you put in stockings? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464242)

hac1224 11-16-2012 01:04 PM

What do you put in stockings?

Just curious, what do you put in your kids' Christmas stockings?

hac1224 11-16-2012 01:05 PM

Re: What do you put in stockings?

Ours will each get a toothbrush, some candy, some chapstick, and a small Happy Meal-type toy or two.

ETA: we also use smaller, handmade stockings instead of huge store-bought ones.

EmilytheStrange 11-16-2012 01:09 PM

toothbrush, small toys, candy.... maybe some fruit

Computermama 11-16-2012 01:34 PM

This year so far for DD(5) I have a princess ball cap (free with disney points), and some costume jewelery, and avon bubble bath. I normally do a toothbrush, but we have a glut of them right now for her that she's gotten for free from various places, so I won't do that. I'll probably get her a coloring and/or activity book, some chocolate, a flashlight for reading in bed. Depending on what I go with for a Santa gift I may also get some doll diapers (going back and forth on some doll stuff, or other ideas), as well as 2 christmas ornaments, one from avon - an angel in her birthstone color, and one to commemorate her first year as a big sister.

DD(almost 8 mos come christmas) will get an iron man plushie (we're comic book geeks in this house), a container of puffs, some small toys, teethers and bath toys, and a pair of ornaments, a baby's first christmas ornament from bronners, and an angel like her sister's.

cheezpoofs 11-16-2012 02:14 PM

My kids are almost four and almost two. The stockings will have silver coins, edible treats (sweets for my eldest, Goldfish for both, maybe some soft beef nuggets for my younger), special Christmas ornaments for this year, big boy underwear for my eldest, maybe Little People and little Chuck Trucks for my younger.

We have done the puffs and other baby snacks and small baby toys when the kids were younger. DVDs and small books also fit well in stockings.

jbug_4 11-16-2012 02:29 PM

junk, junk and more junk. both get A little bit of candy, bubbles, toothbrushes. For dd she gets chapstick, a jump rope, hair barrettes and sunglasses

For ds 5 pack of hotwheels, some playdoh, and a microphone

rumblepurr 11-16-2012 02:53 PM

Dried fruit and fresh, like tangerines, nuts, chocolate gold coins and Swedish fish/caramels/starbursts etc. and a candy cane. They only get one of the kinds of candy listed aside from the chocolate and candy cane, and it is specific to the child's preferences.

4 or 5 small toys like: kaleidoscopes, flash lights, tops, marbles, jax, air plane fliers, rubber balls, mini puzzles, mini games, mini lego packs, magnifying glasses, tape measures wind up toys etc.

An age appropriate book and a Christmas busy book with stickers/crayons.
Tooth brush and small tube of toothpaste.

For babies: teethers, baby toys, board books

tusheez 11-16-2012 03:03 PM

older DS's:
toothbrush
underwear
deodorant
candy
cologne
socks
gift cards

DD 4:
bracelets
toothbrush
candy
crayons
hair bows

tallanvor 11-16-2012 04:04 PM

Cutie orange (tradition from DH's family)
marzipan (tradition from my family)
sort other sort of candy -- usually something German
DH and DS always get a small Lego vehicle
girls get at least one small something
Oh, and the packs of chocolate gold coins (almost forgot about those)

Sometimes my parents send a small something as well.

leadmare 11-16-2012 06:00 PM

My husband's family also has the tradition of oranges in their stocking :)

My mom used to always put a pair of socks in ours.