Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Insurance (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464343)

mommie2avery 11-16-2012 07:37 PM

Insurance

Has anyone heard of the insurance company putting a limit on the number of children it will cover per family? Hubby thinks that there is but I woudl think if you have them, they should cover them

raisingcropsandbabies 11-16-2012 09:01 PM

Re: Insurance

Have never heard of that. We were all covered with my parent's insurance (in two different states) and we were a 9 person bio family. We've (dh, i, and kids) had 3 different insurance companies now and have not read anything about family size in any of the "don't cover" sections of their books. We have 4 kids and no one has said a word.

7 for now 11-17-2012 08:31 AM

We have never run into that. We have had BC/BS for over 10 years now and it is never an issue. We currently have our 10 person family covered and will add #11 soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ChristyHC 11-17-2012 11:03 AM

You'll want to check your plan or call your company. We've had three different plans in the past 7 years. One had a limit of the number of kids, one didn't, and one went up a little with each kid. I think it varies by state, company, and plan.

hac1224 11-17-2012 12:53 PM

We only have 4, but ours simply charges per person.

luvsviola 11-17-2012 04:05 PM

Both my employer and DH's employer just cover all dependents in the home under 21 years of age (I think it is going up this year with the new laws).

twinpossible 11-17-2012 09:13 PM

Mine does not have a limit but I do get charged more each month per dependent.

HeatherlovesCDs 11-18-2012 02:38 PM

Ours has no limit (never heard of that) and doesn't go up per child. There is a rate for employee, employee + spouse, and employee + family whether that is 1 child or 20 children. That said, we pay a lot for our insurance anyway.

raisingcropsandbabies 11-18-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15946855)
Ours has no limit (never heard of that) and doesn't go up per child. There is a rate for employee, employee + spouse, and employee + family whether that is 1 child or 20 children. That said, we pay a lot for our insurance anyway.

We do too! And it keeps going up every year... 13% increase every year for 3 years and now 18%. But we are thankful for it... unfortunately we've needed it a lot over the past 5 years!

mommie2avery 11-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15946855)

ours is labeled the same way and it keeps going up as well each year.