Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   So much pain!!! --probably TMI (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464379)

ProudGingerMama 11-16-2012 10:25 PM

So much pain!!! --probably TMI

I have always had a heavy flow and cramps to the point of having to take prescription pain pills just to get relief. After my second pregnancy it's jumped to a whole new level. For the first three days

Ginger mama of 2 gorgeous ginger babies (DD-4 and DD-15 months) Sent from my iPhone (which definitely thinks its smarter than me) using DS Forum

SamanthaSews 11-16-2012 10:29 PM

I'm sorry. I suffered horrible cramping when I was younger (including vomiting & fainting- it was horrible). Going on the pill really helped. After going off & having ds it was no longer unbearable.

You should think about talking to your care provider about it. I'm sure there is something you can do. I can't imaging having to take care of kids & deal with that pain.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ProudGingerMama 11-16-2012 10:31 PM

Sorry I hit send when I didn't mean to...anyway since my second LO was born its gotten worse...I am changing a super tampon and pad every hour for at least the first three days and in pain for an entire 7 days. My doctor put me on the pill and it didn't help. Even when I would be, even an hour, off from taking it I would bleed for the whole month. They did a U/S and found a polyp in my uterus. I had a D/C done to remove it and all of the tests came back normal. My periods have steadily gotten worse. The Dr.s are trying to talk me into the Mirena but the side affects and the probability of it even working to help make me not want to do it. Has anyone here had any problems with it? Or if you had problems before did it help? I'm scared that my only option at this point is to take drastic measures but I'm not ready to take any steps that would make it impossible for me to ever have kids again...anyone have any experience or advice for me at this point?

Ginger mama of 2 gorgeous ginger babies (DD-4 and DD-15 months) Sent from my iPhone (which definitely thinks its smarter than me) using DS Forum

SamanthaSews 11-16-2012 10:38 PM

Hugs. I hope you find some answers & a solution. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MommaMal 11-16-2012 11:05 PM

Re: So much pain!!! --probably TMI

I've always had horrible periods much like you're describing. I tried birth control pills and the depo shot with no luck. I had the mirena and it actually made my cramping worse. The amount of bleeding was less (I wasn't severely anemic) but they were painful. It was a quick and pretty painless removal so you could give it a try. Good luck :hugs:

KatieB621 11-17-2012 08:04 AM

Re: So much pain!!! --probably TMI

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudGingerMama (Post 15942374)
I have always had a heavy flow and cramps to the point of having to take prescription pain pills just to get relief. After my second pregnancy it's jumped to a whole new level. For the first three days

I'm EXACTLY the same way. GYN is now giving me pain killers to take during AF. If that doesn't work in the next few months she said she would start aggressively treating endometriosis.