Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What to use overnight? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464422)

MrsRogers215 11-17-2012 06:54 AM

What to use overnight?

I've made the switch to cloth during the day but haven't tried nighttime yet. We use fuzzibunz and BG. I definitely can't see them holding all his pee overnight. Usually, I change his disposable once a night.

Any suggestions for what to use at night?

Saharan 11-17-2012 08:28 AM

I used a good fitted with wool or a bg stuffed with two flip organics and wool overtop for my super heavy wetting son. My daughter is allergic to wool though and not so heavy of a wetter so I have been using a OS amp pocket stuffed with an infant ODC bamboo terry square and a booster or a thirsties hemp or flip organic prefold with a booster and no leaks so far.
I would look into getting some hemp or bamboo for overnight and try you pockets stuffed with that.

mypeanut09 11-17-2012 10:53 AM

Re: What to use overnight?

I would try stuffing one of your BGs with a Flip Organic or with the MF and a hemp or bamboo insert. If you're still worried about leaks you could add a wool or fleece soaker over the top. I personally use fitteds with the fleece soakers that I make. I had a wool soaker but DD outgrew it and I can't afford more wool, so I've made several fleece soakers/longies and we haven't had leaks at all.

fluffybuttzoe 11-17-2012 05:54 PM

I use pockets during the day and initially tried them at night but didn't work for us. I tried double and triple stuffing but she always leaked. I switched to a GMD workhorse fitted with a Flip cover and have never had a leak. I also have a Sandy bamboo fitted and use it with no problems too.

Sarahknavy 11-17-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffybuttzoe
I use pockets during the day and initially tried them at night but didn't work for us. I tried double and triple stuffing but she always leaked. I switched to a GMD workhorse fitted with a Flip cover and have never had a leak. I also have a Sandy bamboo fitted and use it with no problems too.

I am amazed that a workhorse lasted overnight!

momma_dna 11-17-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahknavy

I am amazed that a workhorse lasted overnight!

Same! My DS is a heavy wetter and we use Sbish OBFs, with all doublers it comes with. We use WHs during the day and there is no way it's work for my heavy wetter at night.

Magoo07 11-17-2012 06:35 PM

Flips have been pretty bullet proof for us... We do a hemp doubler under a flip stay dry and it seems to do the trick. It has even lasted until morning on the random nights she wakes up and nurses in the middle of the night.

c&w's mama 11-17-2012 06:49 PM

we do a red edge GMD trifolded in a green GMD (prefolds) and depending on how I feel, I add a hemp doubler (or 2) on the outside and pull on a disana and cover with disana leggings for cold weather. (we wear brown edge or WH during the day, sometimes with a gmd prefold doubler)

dude embraces a fluffy butt :)

MrsRogers215 11-17-2012 07:00 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. My LO nurses about 3x a night so he gets very wet. I'm gonna look into what y'all said.

fluffybuttzoe 11-17-2012 07:10 PM

Sorry, forgot to add that I put a BabyKicks JoeyBunz one size hemp insert in there as well! :)