Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Going to Buy Buy baby to try seats..any recs ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464463)

Janelle 11-17-2012 10:01 AM

Going to Buy Buy baby to try seats..any recs ?

Ok, so we are trying to make sure we know where everyone is going before our baby is born. (we drive a 2003 Grand Caravan)

This is what I have seatwise right now:
Trufit convertible
Evenflo Symphony DLX
2 Graco Turboboosters (one hb, one lb)
Graco Snugride 35

Here are my kiddos:
DD1: 75lbs, 4'6"
DD2: 65lbs, 4'3"
DS1: 45lbs, 3'8"
DS2: 35lbs, 3'3"
And DD3 due in April

I know we will need to get a narrower seat for the 3rd row for sure. What I am hoping is to get @ least the baby in one of the middle row captains chairs, just b/c my babies are notorious for being fussy in the car and I need her somewhere I can get her out quickly for when we have to stop the van to nurse. There are only tethers on the captain's chairs and the middle 3rd row. So I would also like one of my ds's to go in the other captain's chair.

Here is what I was thinking, but not sure if it will work:
Captain's chairs:
baby and DS

3rd row:
DD, DS(maybe in a Radian), DD (would need a hb booster b/c of the way the belt fits w/ her lb booster, so maybe a Parkway)

Anyone know if this set up works??

Mom2Connor 11-17-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Going to Buy Buy baby to try seats..any recs ?

Hi fellow April DD'er! I wish I could help with the setup, but wanted to suggest that after you try out seats at buy buy baby, order them online. You will save a TON. A seat that you can get online for say, $220 (such as a Britax) will go for over $300 in the store. I have ordered 2 of my 3 seats on Amazon and they shipped within a month of their menu date, boxes arrived quickly (free shipping) and in perfect condition.

Janelle 11-17-2012 01:06 PM

Hi :)
I was going to buy what we need online too...BBB has such crazy prices compared to what I can get online. Thanks for the tip though :)

mommyinthesun 11-17-2012 07:33 PM

Are you positive that theres only tethers in the 2nd row and middle 3rd?

Janelle 11-18-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyinthesun (Post 15944973)
Are you positive that theres only tethers in the 2nd row and middle 3rd?

Yes. The top tethers are only on the 2 middle row captain's chairs and the middle of the 3rd row bench.

mommyinthesun 11-18-2012 09:02 AM

Bummer! Im not real familiar with your van, sorry. Im just drawing a blank at what you could reasonably do with 2 in boosters back there.

Mom2Connor 11-18-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janelle (Post 15945784)
Yes. The top tethers are only on the 2 middle row captain's chairs and the middle of the 3rd row bench.

That's how our 2008 T&C van is too. It's a PITA and we only have one kid. I have my nephew on occasion and put him in the other captains chair. But we have a lot of family very close by, and sometimes we do events together. So I like the other captains chair for an adult and ideally I could put a carseat in the back (nephew is only 4 yrs old so still harnessed) outboard so an adult can still get to the back via the isle, but the seat is supposed to go in the middle because of the tether.