Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Scary info about Gardasil vaccine (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464481)

erlyjo 11-17-2012 11:10 AM

Scary info about Gardasil vaccine

http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/201...een-predicted/

Please read if you are thinking about giving this to your daughter!

songbird516 11-18-2012 06:20 AM

Re: Scary info about Gardasil vaccine

No way would I ever give that to my daughter. Or son!

z2akids 11-18-2012 07:00 AM

I am honestly on the fence about this one for a number of personal reasons. However, a blog post like that is not one of them. There is no good research and a variety of illogical conclusions and statements made that do not impress me in terms of their validity.

The whole thing come across like this:

My Catholic Church has Mass at 7:30 On Sunday
Sunday is a day of the week
You have to be awake to go to Mass
All living people wake up on some day of the week
Therefore until scientists can disprove it All people are Catholic

Not true, terrible logic and basically the conclusions in that blog are drawn the same way -

one of the ingredients in the vaccine has been given to mice. a mouse whose mother received it while pg had problems with its overies. Therefore, unless proven otherwise it is obvious that the reason this girl had problems with her ovaries is because she received this vaccine herself. -- Not logical, proven or supportable.

newmommy13 11-18-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z2akids
I am honestly on the fence about this one for a number of personal reasons. However, a blog post like that is not one of them. There is no good research and a variety of illogical conclusions and statements made that do not impress me in terms of their validity.

Not true, terrible logic and basically the conclusions in that blog are drawn the same way -

one of the ingredients in the vaccine has been given to mice. a mouse whose mother received it while pg had problems with its overies. Therefore, unless proven otherwise it is obvious that the reason this girl had problems with her ovaries is because she received this vaccine herself. -- Not logical, proven or supportable.

I'm surprised you are on the fence about this vaccine. Do you mind sharing your reasons? I only ask because I know you are usually a vocal supporter of vaccinations.

z2akids 11-18-2012 08:21 AM

My reasons are personal and faith related and are more related to my views on abstinance than they are on the scientific information about this vaccine. We have made the decision to revisit our decision in the next couple of years. My oldest son is 11 and my daughter is only 7. My son has no interest in girls yet and so we have a little time to consider what we want to do.

JennTheMomma 11-18-2012 08:25 AM

We would never give this vaccine, son or daughter, but not because of blog posts :)

DalesWidda 11-18-2012 08:27 AM

We already don't do Gardasil

erlyjo 11-18-2012 08:37 AM

I posted because I had never heard this about this vaccine. The polysorbate 80 blood brain barrier issue is very important, IMHO. And something that is scientifically proven. It's not just about one girl's ovaries being destroyed.

erlyjo 11-18-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z2akids

I agree some studies are conducted in this manner, but all vaccine related side affects are recorded this way. Something happens after you get a vaccine, and it's reported as being possibly due to the vaccine. So I don't think they're saying it positively was due to the vaccine, but it's a possibility.

And I find it very disturbing that not all ingredients were tested. If I'm going to shoot a chemical into my body, I want to know that what's in it is safe! And I'd you don't test, or don't release the reports, I could never take it.

MyNameIsMama 11-18-2012 09:20 AM

Thank-you, very scary