Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Foot scooter for a new 5 yr old? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464489)

Mom2Connor 11-17-2012 12:40 PM

Foot scooter for a new 5 yr old?

My nephew is turning 5. I asked him today what he wants for his birthday (which is in a week) and he said he wanted a skateboard. His daddy said no, LOL (funny, because his daddy was a little dare devil as a kid himself).

So I asked about a skateboard with a handlebar and nephew said that would be cool too. Daddy ok'ed it, so I'm planning to get him one. He has a helmet already, and my mom is going to buy him a set of knee and elbow pads for his birthday as well.

So, scooter rec's? He'd really like a green one, but I'm not seeing a lot of options on amazon so I'm hoping maybe target or somewhere will have more options. We have every store available to us, big city. Are the scooters all about the same?

essential1892 11-17-2012 12:43 PM

Re: Foot scooter for a new 5 yr old?

My five year old son has a Razor scooter and loves it. We got it for him last year and after getting used to it he became a pro at riding it.

Mom2Connor 11-17-2012 01:13 PM

Those are cute! But too $$, I was more looking at the radio flyer and similar styles in the $30 range.

luvsviola 11-17-2012 01:21 PM

My neighbors have the radio flyer one and my 5 year old loves it!

Bhavana 11-17-2012 02:05 PM

I was about to suggest plasma cars, but....they are $69 the last time I saw!

monkeymama07 11-17-2012 04:17 PM

Liam has a red fixed scooter and loves it.

There is a black friday sale on a scooter not sure on brqnd at target I think but they are in nifty colors.

dublinmom 11-17-2012 05:52 PM

We have razor scooters and a radio flyer. My kids love their razor scooters. The Target wish book has the razor berry scooter (different colors) listed as on sale for $29.99 and there is also a $10 off coupon in there that good until Wednesday. The lighted wheel one is listed on sale for $24.99 but the coupon is only for $29 and up

ETA The berry comes in green and yellow and if you don't have the coupon and want it just let me know. I'm happy to send it to you :)

Mom2Connor 11-17-2012 07:06 PM

That one is perfect!! How do I get a target wish book??

txmommytobe 11-17-2012 07:31 PM

My kids love their razor scooters. We got the lighted wheel ones from target last year on Black Friday ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Bhavana 11-17-2012 10:53 PM

How do they come? Does it need assembly..it looks big for a box. Also can you put it into a big suitcase. I think I would want my friend coming the states to bring it for me.