Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   2012 GMC Yukon XL latch. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464511)

TheGreenBee 11-17-2012 01:28 PM

2012 GMC Yukon XL latch.

Wondering what the latch locations are in a 9 pass 2012 Yukon XL. The GM spec sheet says it has full latch in all three center row seating positions. My friend just got this SUV and swears she can not fin any latch or tether in the middle row.

The spec sheet also clams that all of the hardware is hidden so I am guessing this will be a game of seek and find. LOL

Any tips would be appreciated.

lilychic4 11-19-2012 09:02 PM

Re: 2012 GMC Yukon XL latch.

The new LATCH manual isn't coming out until early spring.
I would check the vehicle manual for hints.
Sometimes vehicles allow borrowing an anchor from each outboard position if the car seat allows it. But then you can't use the anchors for outboard seats. It may be a catch-22 for the anchor positions.
Rear tethers may be located in the ceiling or some place up rather than down ;-)

I'm mobile at the moment, but if I remember to check the LATCH manual for earlier models, I'll be sure to post.

TheGreenBee 01-09-2013 02:47 AM

Just wanted to come back and say we found everything. It turned out it was rf tethering she was having trouble with. We managed to get suitable tether locations for both rf seats.

Thanks so much.

monica-m 01-09-2013 09:07 AM

The new LATCH manual is out and I have one :). Mine arrived yesterday. I see you found the answers to your questions, but if you have more, let me know.

aries416 01-09-2013 05:22 PM

My mom just bought a 7 passenger model and I'm only seeing 3 tether locations. The two captains chairs and one in the 3rd row. Is this correct?

monica-m 01-09-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aries416 (Post 16136854)
My mom just bought a 7 passenger model and I'm only seeing 3 tether locations. The two captains chairs and one in the 3rd row. Is this correct?

2012?

You will have a tether anchor on each captains chair and one on the drivers side in the third row. The TA in the third row can be used by either the center or the drivers side outboard seating position but you cannot attach more than one tether to that tether anchor.

TheGreenBee 01-10-2013 02:31 AM

It's a 9 seater so that was part of the issue and it was finding places to tether rear facing not FF that was giving grief. Surprisingly the 9 seat Yukon/suburban is not über family friendly. LOL

monica-m 01-10-2013 09:30 AM

You would think that they would be given their target consumer, but no, they put the minimum number required by law :thumbsdown:

TheGreenBee 01-10-2013 09:32 AM

I know. Considering she bought it sight unseen it was a bit of a shock to her when she had it delivered that it didn't have an ideal set up. For a vehicle like that the manufacturer REALLY should consult with a panel of mothers with 5 or six kids and at least 4 of them in car seats of some sort.

ETA: Especially in Canada where top tether is mandatory. It is quite realistic to think that someone could and would need 4 or 5 top tether anchors with many seats having such high weight harnesses these days

aries416 01-10-2013 01:18 PM

My mom bought hers sight unseen too! I assumed I'd have plenty of room for seats, but I guess not.