Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gifts for on the go kiddos? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464534)

mrseum 11-17-2012 02:25 PM

Gifts for on the go kiddos?

I have no clue what to get ds1 & ds2; 3 1/2 & 18 months for Christmas. They are busy; constantly climbing! They'd rather bang on things or climb than sit & play. If we build with their big cardboard blocks I have to help. Ds2 still won't play alone.
Grandma will be getting them those bouncing bulls. I've been considering the lily pad trampoline; but we are in a small two bedroom apartment with no balcony. Meaning- we would have to give up our dining table for it (which I don't mind) but I will have no where to "hide" it when they get rediculous about using it. :/ ds1 has a trike. They love being outside... I'm at a loss! I'd love something to keep their attention for a bit.... (Ds1 will play my iPhone all day; so I know he'd live a leap pad, but I do not want him playing it all day; & he'll tantrum if he can't, so I want to minimize on that...)
Any ideas?! Oh- or suggestions for hotwheels ramps? He loves his car but the one pricy set we bought did not hold up at all!

mrspopo 11-17-2012 03:33 PM

Re: Gifts for on the go kiddos?

My 18 month old's favorites right now are her bouncy rody horse, and the sit & spin. Both easy and physical to get her moving. If I had the space for it I would love a mini trampoline, and a hanging swing.

One thing I got inspired by Play At Home Moms to get was a small 48" inflatable pool. I got a huge set of ball pit balls on craigslist for $10 that I can fill it with. I also picked up 2 bags of wood pellets from the animal store for $10 to fill that sucker up for digging/jumping/playing. I also want to use it for a place to do our messy activities like dumping/pouring water inside since it's too cold outside. Just a fun way to burn off some energy but stay indoors.

rileykidmama 11-17-2012 04:52 PM

Make a box house or fort for them out of appliance boxes; they can run and crawl through them and peek out. When they don't want to play with it, just collapse it and stand it against a wall or put it under a bed until the next play time. What about mommy and me classes? Might be a good holiday gift for you. Don't know what else; thinking hurts right now.:lostit: Maybe a family membership to the Y? Okay, I know this is weird, but make an obstacle course in your house, kind of like the dog ones, maybe with a collapsible tunnel, some things to jump over or weave through or parts where you roll on your side or do jumping jacks. Am I making sense? Then you can break it down and put it away.

mrseum 11-17-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileykidmama
Make a box house or fort for them out of appliance boxes; they can run and crawl through them and peek out. When they don't want to play with it, just collapse it and stand it against a wall or put it under a bed until the next play time. What about mommy and me classes? Might be a good holiday gift for you. Don't know what else; thinking hurts right now.:lostit: Maybe a family membership to the Y?

The box fort would be distorted. :) they ruined two tents already; granted they where cheapie a. I remember seeing those tent "frames" on zulily you just build a random structure & throw a shear over, that could be fun...

rileykidmama 11-17-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrseum (Post 15944546)
The box fort would be distorted. :) they ruined two tents already; granted they where cheapie a. I remember seeing those tent "frames" on zulily you just build a random structure & throw a shear over, that could be fun...

Doh! I guess having a dainty girl is a whole lot different than two toddler boys. Good luck, mama! :hugs:

mrseum 11-17-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileykidmama

Doh! I guess having a dainty girl is a whole lot different than two toddler boys. Good luck, mama! :hugs:

;) those dainty girls!! Thanks! I found a big floor mat game on zulily that looks like it would at least get ds1 moving & I bet he'd have fun with it.

dancermommy1 11-17-2012 08:02 PM

I wish I knew too!! I have a 2 year old boy and no CLue what to get him