Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Not feeling ready enough (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464639)

kaylabelle05 11-17-2012 11:36 PM

Not feeling ready enough

"13" weeks left until my buzzer goes off. And I feel like I cannot get ready fast enough. I am trying to take it as slow as I can but my anxiety is popping up because not everything is ready.

I came VERY close to rearranging my room today to put the crib in its place. I am going tomorrow to get 5 crib sheets off of CL (for $15!). I have an Amazon order on its way to me with 2 changing pad covers, a set of bed risers (to have the crib be the same height as our bed), a new aqua pail liner and some deodorizer disks for the diaper pail. I am trying to get DD to stop wearing diapers but I just don't see it happening. I don't want to have to wash her diapers and Squishy's but I might have to.

I still cannot find the 5 drawer plastic dresser I want to get for Squishy. That is causing me the most stress. I had one for DD that I liked so much and worked so well but DS took it when DD was done with it and broke some of the drawers. Now I can't find another one or even a suitable replacement. (Though I think I just found it at The Container Store!) http://www.containerstore.com/shop/s...C0&Ntt=drawers

I hate not having everything ready and set up already. I tried so hard to delay getting things ready before I even hit 20 weeks. Once I passed that, I have gone slow to make sure I don't scare DH too much by having everything ready already.

My thinking as to why I am stressing about this and nesting before I should is because this has been a wanted baby for over 3 years, the fear that I will be in too much pain to set everything up, and the fact that I am having "regular" contractions. I want everything ready and I am fighting it being too early to do so and my need to have everything organized.

Anyone else in the "nesting" mode too?

Sarahknavy 11-18-2012 10:04 AM

I am resisting so hard. I want to wait til after Christmas. I have other projects to focus on right now. I am building a bed and toy box for my son and painting it along with an old dresser. My husband has been out I town so I haven't finished it yet(sanding is not comfortable and I can't use the saw without someone to watch my son. I have been sewing clothes for my daughter ad working in Christmas. I so badly want to finish the bed so I can start organizing her room and things. But... We are waiting til after Christmas...

abunchoflemons 11-18-2012 03:29 PM

Re: Not feeling ready enough

I guess it has been so long since I have taken care of boy so that's where I dont feel ready....

loveramongstars 11-18-2012 07:15 PM

I wish I had more done. :tears: I don't have a car seat, barely any nappies, no crib, no carrier, no stroller. I want the diapers but my mom has the money and is always pushing them off. :cry: i hate I'm not living on my own.

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Ainmemphis 11-18-2012 07:16 PM

I have been nesting the whole pregnancy! I did most of it after discovering it was a boy because that decided which room/closet I would focus on. But now I feel like I have everything and I have gone though it too fast. This is my last pregnancy! I want to do more shopping! I am trying to make myself just slow down and enjoy what time I have left, I just love playing with all the baby things. I drug all the baby clothes down from the attic and washed them, got the cosleeper set up and a changing station in our bedroom. Put the crib back together and got changing table set up in the boys' room (I just love saying the boys' room). No more gear to look for, diapers to buy. (well it hasn't stopped me that I don't need anymore). I just have no patience, I want everything done yesterday!

Sarahknavy 11-18-2012 07:20 PM

That is how I was last pregnancy... I had everything done two months early and I couldn't stand that I had nothing left to do

Ainmemphis 11-18-2012 07:37 PM

Maybe I should sell it all and start over? make things interesting.

kaylabelle05 11-18-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 15947880)
Maybe I should sell it all and start over? make things interesting.

This made me LOL!

Sarahknavy 11-18-2012 08:52 PM

You could change the rooms up.

made4this 11-25-2012 09:46 PM

This is #4 for me. I have never nested so hard. With #3, I was working along with homeschooling and just could.not.get.ready; no surplus energy or time. I waited until I was off (I was a contractor and took a full month to 6 weeks) to do everything, but by then my back was hurting so much it was really hard to get it all done. This time I am tired again, but I get VERY MOTIVATED when I think about having 4 kids at home, one being a newborn, by myself all day. Then I go and organize something else. Last week my DH came home to a freshly painted kitchen, 2 coats, cut-in and all. I only left him the part by the vaulted ceiling since I am well beyond balancing on a ladder already. I'm really enjoying it, because the house usually gets the better of me, but I think I am driving my family *a little* nuts :)