Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464682)

RainandRedemption 11-18-2012 09:08 AM

Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

We were going to do a really small Christmas since we are driving up and down the country to see family but ended up spending a little more than planned. My fault :blush:
We wanted to have all shopping done by Thanksgiving so we could save for vacation and for boarding our dog while we're gone.

For DD we spent $90 plus a few things we had tucked away in the closet. For DS we spent $33 so far, another $45 toy and $10 toy to buy, plus a few things from the closet.

Oh and right before Christmas we'll buy some candy and fruit for the stocking so another $10 or so.

This is much less than what we spent on them last year.

mibarra 11-18-2012 09:49 AM

Well, DD1 is getting a regular bed, so a lot. But otherwise usually $50-$75 per child max. My husband and only spend $50 on each other, or buy something big we both want. :)

SaraElise 11-18-2012 09:53 AM

Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

We've always spent $50 on each kid, which for us is more than enough.

L J 11-18-2012 09:53 AM

I am spending about the same. I spent about $75 per kid.

bigmamakelsey 11-18-2012 09:56 AM

Re: Hw much are you spending on your kids for Christmas? More or less than last year?

This year I'm spending less. $75 on each of my boys, $25 on my nephews, $20 for parents and ILs, and $20 each for secret santas (2 for DH, 2 for me.) So just a little over $400 total.

Done at 3 11-18-2012 09:57 AM

I spend $300 ish each, yikes. Maybe that's why I stress so much about gifts! I'm spending way too much! I pretty much don't buy them much other than birthday and Christmas though. If they see things they like they add them to their wish lists and get them at occasions.

moms5angels 11-18-2012 09:57 AM

pretty much the same. we spend $200 -250. i figure it to b $40-50 per child for all 5 kids. including stocking stuffers. each kids gets 5 gifts w/ one of them being there big gift. i got really good w/ finding gifts u can by mutable gifts for a good price. like 3 puzzles pk for $6-8. i see that as 3 gifts for 3 kids. ;)

mjg2043 11-18-2012 10:04 AM

I'm spending about the same $1000. That's my kids, my DH, my parents, my inlaws and teachers. I actually am pretty much done shopping already and stayed well within my budget.

hac1224 11-18-2012 11:11 AM

We're spending a whole lot less than ever before for our kids this year, but thanks to another amazing DS mama and her family our kids will still have an awesome Christmas!

kanga1622 11-18-2012 11:24 AM

Last year we spent $30 on DS and that included his play kitchen from Craigslist.

This year I'd like to stick to $20 since we bought him bedroom furniture, mattress, and bedding in October.

He will not notice if he only gets a few stocking stuffers and a book. Sounds like one grandparent plans to get him a trike and the other may get him some InnoTab games or the digital camera that plugs into his InnoTab. He will obviously not be deprived in any way.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum