Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Prefold Suggestions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464689)

snorris2 11-18-2012 09:24 AM

Prefold Suggestions

I am buying for my cousin who is due at the end of December. They don't have a ton of money, so I've been talking with her about cloth since the beginning. She seems very on board and says she would definitely use them since she wouldn't have to worry about buying dipes.

I know which covers I want. What Is an inexpensive pf I can get that still performs well? I'm going to buy prefolds and covers for the most part and then a few pockets/aio's for going out. Suggestions please!

snorris2 11-18-2012 09:30 AM

How are the Cotton Babies Indian prefolds? I could get two dozen of those for $36.

ArmyWifeBethany 11-18-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorris2
How are the Cotton Babies Indian prefolds? I could get two dozen of those for $36.

I know Imagine Better-Fit Indian prefolds are pretty inexpensive, and they are cut shorter and wider for snappi'ing and trifolding. I have the Cotton Babies Indian prefolds. They are really soft, but long and narrow which makes it impossible to snappi. I also just bought a dozen GMD seconds prefolds for $21, and they are FANTASTIC!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

snorris2 11-18-2012 09:45 AM

I went to look for GMD seconds and didn't see anymore. :(

I'll look up the smart fit.

snorris2 11-18-2012 09:57 AM

The smart fit look like they will fit the bill! Should I get bleached or unbleached? I can get a dozen for $20 there. I like that deal. I may order two dozen at once though to make the shipping worth it

ArmyWifeBethany 11-18-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorris2
The smart fit look like they will fit the bill! Should I get bleached or unbleached? I can get a dozen for $20 there. I like that deal. I may order two dozen at once though to make the shipping worth it

Unbleached are sooooo soft! I have bleached though because they require less prepping. If you go to the GMD Facebook page, there are instructions for how to get a seconds sale invitation. Karen sends the invites via email. Just go check out the page and you'll find the info :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

snorris2 11-18-2012 10:38 AM

Thank you!

ThreeLittleCubs 11-18-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Prefold Suggestions

Imagine prefolds from Nicki's for sure! Great price and they are extremely soft.

snorris2 11-18-2012 12:45 PM

I may see what Black Friday brings and go from there. I got some toddler pf's super cheap on BF last year.

Katiebug_1976 11-18-2012 04:55 PM

Re: Prefold Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorris2 (Post 15946259)
I went to look for GMD seconds and didn't see anymore. :(

I'll look up the smart fit.

The GMD seconds sales are by invitation only. You have to email them and ask to be put on the invite list. I ordered some orange edge (newborn) organic cotton prefolds for $19 per dozen and think they are great! I haven't gotten to use them yet since lil man isn't due for another 6 weeks, but they prepped up nice and soft and the size is much nicer than the infant prefolds (we used the cotton babies infant prefolds with our older son, and while they were nice and soft/absorbant, they were just too big for the newborn stage in my opinion. They made his bum twice as big as the rest of him :mrgreen:).

I have heard great things about the Imagine smart fit prefolds as well.

Hve you looked around at the different prefold packages out there? If they come with the covers you want, you could save some $$ that way, too.