Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   finding new uses for Gerber prefolds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464726)

mamarudy 11-18-2012 12:15 PM

finding new uses for Gerber prefolds?

i have at least two dozen of the cheap gerber prefolds (not sure what kind they are, i think a few are birdseye - they are more gauze-like and thinner)

i never used them to CD, mainly as burbcloths when DD was a newborn.

i want to find some use out of these again. are they actually any good as diapers (i've seen people say they gerber ones are no good, or at least maybe a specific type?)

i was thinking of either trying to prep them to use as diapers or to dye them and use as cloth wipes for around the house (i.e. replace paper towels, and what not)

would either work? any of you find some creative uses for your old prefolds?

MommaKatie 11-18-2012 01:16 PM

I have some gerber flats that I use for wiping up around the toilet when I spray diapers. I also use them to clean up potty training accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

RockinLou 11-18-2012 01:21 PM

Re: finding new uses for Gerber prefolds?

they were great for potty training accidents, I think they are a bit too thick for paperless towels

qsefthuko 11-18-2012 01:22 PM

Prefolds I don't know. We have about 70 gerber flats. I like to use them padfolded in my Pinned imagine flats for extra absorption.

Poodlemum 11-18-2012 02:22 PM

Dust cloths, , I think they'd make ok unpaper towels (mine are very thin). They don't seem to be hardly absorbent at all, I use them right now for pumping spills and it just spreads the milk around :/

simplykarenp 11-18-2012 02:25 PM

I use the gerber prefolds as a changing pad for my newborn. I love the gerber flats. I sewed them shut into quarters and use it as burp cloth, Kleenex, unpaper in the kitchen.... I love them and use it for everything.

thirdtimemomma 11-18-2012 02:38 PM

I used them for my two oldest as diapers before I heard of dsq prefolds. I had to double them and change often, but they worked. I now use them in my kitchen.

cassie.sattler 11-18-2012 09:03 PM

they work great for mopping the floor and dusting! i also use them when my 6mo. old has naked time on the floor and under my sheets to catch any night breastmilk leakage.

kirst 11-18-2012 10:10 PM

I have a ton of prefolds which I used for burpcloths and now find I use as paperless towels for pretty much everything that you would need a paper towel for.

LinzTAW 11-18-2012 10:35 PM

I bought about 25 Gerber PFs when I was pregnant to use a burp cloths. I didn't even start CDing my son until he was nearly 6 months old.
I love the PFs for burp cloths and just wiping up general messes. Cheap, and work great!