Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464727)

NappyChappy 11-18-2012 12:15 PM

Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI
 
So last night DH and I were having some great rough sex and I realized that I was wet....really really wet. I know how my body responds and it wasn't normal at all.

Could I be leaking amniotic fluid? I was slick and clear no smell. I know it sounds weird but I am a little freaked out. I see the MW tomorrow and just had a normal 21 wk u/s yesterday morning-all checked out good.

WWYD?

mommyinthesun 11-18-2012 12:45 PM

I think it was probably normal fluid ;)

Pregnancy makes things wetter.

EmilytheStrange 11-18-2012 12:48 PM

Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI
 
I also wouldn't worry too much because oddly enough, if there's a rip in the membranes, it can repair itself. So, if you were still leaking, then I'd worry.. but if you're not... I wouldn't worry.

My waters broke while I was thick and closed (how I imagine you are now) and it was a trickle that didn't stop.

7 for now 11-18-2012 01:40 PM

I just went through 2 weeks of hospital bed rest because my water broke at 28/4 weeks. I had
No clue it broke. There was no big gush at all. 6 of my labors started with ruptured membranes and they were unmistakable, not this time. I started to have some bleeding and went to the hospital and they found NO fluid at all.

I would definitely have it checked out at your appt. mine never resealed and I got an infection after 2 weeks and had a csection last night. Ruptured membranes are nothing to fool around with.

I also never leaked any fluid at all in the 2 weeks I was here. But it had not resealed. I had twice weekly BPP's and never had more than 2 cm of fluid total.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MDever 11-18-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI
 
It is easy enough for them to check with the little teststrip but SUPER unlikely. If intercoursecause PROM the human race would never survived this long. It is very normal to have lots of fluid. The fact that you mentioned that it was "slick" leads me to believe it is not amniotic:goodvibes: I am 27w+ and I soaked a towel last week during sex:blush:

Nerissa 11-18-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI
 
I had way more fluid during sex while pregnant. However I would still mention it and have it checked out. you just never know.

With DS1 i had leaking at 35 weeks and a little squirted out everytime i bent over. i had no idea it was my water, I thought I was just peeing a little bit, until it didn't stop all morning and I mentioned it to a lady I work with and she said to call it. they did a quick swap test and sure enough it was fluid and I was 4cm dialated and almost effaced.

EmilytheStrange 11-18-2012 02:36 PM

Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7 for now (Post 15946858)
I just went through 2 weeks of hospital bed rest because my water broke at 28/4 weeks. I had
No clue it broke. There was no big gush at all. 6 of my labors started with ruptured membranes and they were unmistakable, not this time. I started to have some bleeding and went to the hospital and they found NO fluid at all.

I would definitely have it checked out at your appt. mine never resealed and I got an infection after 2 weeks and had a csection last night. Ruptured membranes are nothing to fool around with.

I also never leaked any fluid at all in the 2 weeks I was here. But it had not resealed. I had twice weekly BPP's and never had more than 2 cm of fluid total.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I'm sorry you went through this! You said you had a csection - is baby alright? I'd assume in the NICU at this time?

7 for now 11-18-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

I'm sorry you went through this! You said you had a csection - is baby alright? I'd assume in the NICU at this time?

I did have a csection. First time i had one and he was number 9. He was very stressed so that is why we did the section. His NST was ronreactive with his base heart rate about 165. Previously he was always about 125-130 for base. My temp was over 102. He stopped moving completely. The neonatologist said he would not have lasted another few hours. He was purple when born and had a high level of acid in his blood when he was born.

But he is 99% better in 12 hours! His repeat chest X-ray shied nothing in his right lung where last night he had some pneumonia signs. He has been breathing on his own since birth with only a nasal cannula. He is doing great so hopefully he will continue to do good!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ktmelody 11-18-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7 for now

I did have a csection. First time i had one and he was number 9. He was very stressed so that is why we did the section. His NST was ronreactive with his base heart rate about 165. Previously he was always about 125-130 for base. My temp was over 102. He stopped moving completely. The neonatologist said he would not have lasted another few hours. He was purple when born and had a high level of acid in his blood when he was born.

But he is 99% better in 12 hours! His repeat chest X-ray shied nothing in his right lung where last night he had some pneumonia signs. He has been breathing on his own since birth with only a nasal cannula. He is doing great so hopefully he will continue to do good!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Love this update! Glad your baby is doing great!

For the op, its normal but if you keep leaking fluid get checked.

EmilytheStrange 11-18-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Leaking amniotic fluid?? - TMI
 
wow! So glad he's doing well! that is so scary, momma! I'm thankful you had the sense to get to the doctor and that those doctors took such good care of you both!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors