Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   baby legs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464871)

lady longs 11-18-2012 09:49 PM

baby legs

O.K. - help me understand baby legs....

What do you use them for? Why buy them?

adjroberts 11-18-2012 09:54 PM

They make diaper changes go smoother. They keep baby's legs warm while wearing fitteds coverless. They can be worn under pants and cover that bare-leg gap between the pants' leg bottoms and the socks. They are cute :)

neuro_mom 11-18-2012 09:58 PM

Re: baby legs

I've also put them on my lo's arms when he was wearing a short-sleeve onsie at night when I didn't want to go through the effort of changing him into a long-sleeve onsie (especially when he is half-asleep and I don't want to wake him).

tjs77tsa 11-18-2012 10:03 PM

The show off your cute diaper covers when it is not warm enough to go without pants.

Palooka 11-18-2012 10:03 PM

...but why are they so darned expensive!?

Sarahknavy 11-18-2012 10:04 PM

^^ because people will pay that much for them.

neuro_mom 11-18-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn.mcc (Post 15948314)
...but why are they so darned expensive!?

Every so often, babylegs has a 75% off sale but you have to spend $75 (prior to discount) in order to get free shipping. Every time I've seen a sale, they seem to run out of stock very quickly.

I've bought my babylegs on the f/s/t board so I haven't paid much for them. I also bought clearance women's knee high socks at Target for 75 cents, cut the feet off, and hemmed them which is a much cheaper alternative.

L J 11-18-2012 10:51 PM

I put them on my babies under their pants in the winter. You know how when you are holding, but especially when you are wearing, a baby and their pants ride up so much? Babylegs closes the gap between socks and pants and keeps the draft out.

I loved the Babylegs bug protection and cool versions this summer when dd was crawling. They could get wet and not feel icky to her when she was playing outside in the water, and her knees were protected.

lady longs 11-19-2012 06:53 AM

Now see...that all makes sense. With my first 2, they weren't around. My last LO was a boy and I just couldn't do "the look" of them with a boy (no offense to those of you who do). This next one coming is a girl and I was seeing them everywhere - so, now I know!

My neighbor sews them for etsy. So, I will just buy them from her or have my daughter sew them now that I know how to use them!

Kabuki24 11-19-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs (Post 15948790)
Now see...that all makes sense. With my first 2, they weren't around. My last LO was a boy and I just couldn't do "the look" of them with a boy (no offense to those of you who do). This next one coming is a girl and I was seeing them everywhere - so, now I know!

My neighbor sews them for etsy. So, I will just buy them from her or have my daughter sew them now that I know how to use them!

I'm with you on this... I have one pair for my boy, the bumgenius blue and yellow and I find them a bit girly, but they were nice when he was little. If I ever have a girl... I'm gonna go nuts buying them!