Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   PPD? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464897)

Mara'sMommy 11-19-2012 02:36 AM

PPD?

How can you tell if you have PPD or just feeling overwhelmed?

Puppydog 11-19-2012 04:48 AM

Re: PPD?

I would pop to your GP just in case. Healthy Mommy is what every baby needs.

lil'mommakaye 11-19-2012 08:13 AM

I can tell when my depression starts up when i have the feeling of complete dispair.
That is just the worst feeling ever.
I hope you start feeling better. Are you keeping up on vitamins? Make sure you get a little time to yourself now and again too. :hugs:

Ashsmama 11-19-2012 10:35 AM

for me its when my baby's cries make me cringe and I don't want to be around him/her.
Thats when I know I need to hand the baby to my husband and call a doctor.
I don't take my meds all the time but I make sure to after I have a baby because I think I get ppd (i haven't discussed it with a doc). Both times I've been pregnant I've had trouble with feeling "crazy" like I cant handle things and overwhelmed to the point of not being mentally present. It usually lasts for the first 4 months or so. When they start sleeping through the night.

I hope you get to feeling better. I would talk to your doctor and let him know the feelings you are going through.

aaiya 11-19-2012 11:32 AM

If you're asking yourself if you have it, get help.

Ashsmama 11-19-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaiya
If you're asking yourself if you have it, get help.

^ so true.

LittleThingsMama638 11-19-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashsmama
Both times I've been pregnant I've had trouble with feeling "crazy" like I cant handle things and overwhelmed to the point of not being mentally present. It usually lasts for the first 4 months or so. When they start sleeping through the night.

This was me. I couldn't deal with anything or process simple questions and was seriously overwhelmed. Every time someone would start crying my first response was to hide. And I was getting frustrated with typical newborn things.

Ashsmama 11-19-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleThingsMama638

This was me. I couldn't deal with anything or process simple questions and was seriously overwhelmed. Every time someone would start crying my first response was to hide. And I was getting frustrated with typical newborn things.

Yes, exactly.

Mara'sMommy 11-19-2012 04:37 PM

I'm still unsure. I don't feel the same way about my 7 week old that I did/do about my almost 2 year old. But the toddler was my first born. I was frustrated last night with the baby, she had been fussing all day long and did so until 4am. She wants to be held all the time and I am resenting it. I want to spend time with my toddler without the baby, and a shower would be nice. I love her, obviously. But that overwhelming feeling of love isn't there like it was with my first. Thoughts?

geez0pete 11-19-2012 04:46 PM

I remember feeling that I had no joy left. I felt like I was physically present but not mentally there. Little things, like having to clean up the lunch mess yet again, would make me sob. I would wake up in the morning and cry because I couldn't fathom doing another day. It got to where I couldn't function.

Like a pp said, if you're asking, get help.