Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Can I make a suggestion? :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465055)

somo_chickenlady 11-19-2012 01:35 PM

Can I make a suggestion? :)

On another board that I go to, they have what is called JAWM. Just Agree With Me. You put it in the title or at the beginning of your post, if you just want to complain, to get something off your chest, or you just need everyone's support. You don't want anyone to give you advice (or get upset when you don't take said advice) or argue with you, or anything along those lines. You just need to get it out. It seems to work really well there, that way there are no hard feelings or disagreements.

Do you think something like that could catch on here? :D

Jedimomma 11-19-2012 01:42 PM

I love the idea! I don't know if it would catch on, but it would be nice. Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest. :goodvibes:

Gerdgrid 11-19-2012 01:48 PM

Re: Can I make a suggestion? :)

I frequent a board that uses that, too. It's pretty respected there but I don't think it would be here :hide:

BoyCrazy 11-19-2012 01:48 PM

I like it!

Icryinbaseball 11-19-2012 01:50 PM

I just put that it is a vent and I just need hugs or something along those lines.

UmmKira 11-19-2012 01:52 PM

I like the idea. As long as someone isn't trashing another ideology in the post, I think it would be respected.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

qsefthuko 11-19-2012 01:57 PM

I like it and think once people got the idea it would be generally respected. I do think it would take a bit for people to get it though.

somo_chickenlady 11-19-2012 01:59 PM

Yeah, I was on that board for quite a while before I figured out what JAWM meant. LOL! People would say "This is just a JAWM post" and I would think "WTH is that??" lmao

Done at 3 11-19-2012 02:00 PM

I think this is a great idea too! When I ask a WWYD (not at all being snarky) I am looking for advice and the opportunity to view things from a different perspective or benefit from an experience I haven't yet had. If someone is just looking for support and not to know how someone else would handle something they should just say so.

somo_chickenlady 11-19-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Done at 3 (Post 15950247)
I think this is a great idea too! When I ask a WWYD (not at all being snarky) I am looking for advice and the opportunity to view things from a different perspective or benefit from an experience I haven't yet had. If someone is just looking for support and not to know how someone else would handle something they should just say so.

I agree. ;) I've been thinking of suggesting this for a while, and that post (if we talking about the same thing) just reminded me of it.