Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Stash nirvana and yet..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465173)

dncnshu00 11-19-2012 07:53 PM

Stash nirvana and yet.....

I keep shopping. What is wrong with me???:banghead: I justify it because my nirvana consists of NB dipes which I know she will outgrow at some point. I know what I want for when she gets bigger but yet I keep buying other kinds of diapers "just to see". Why do I do that? :giggle:

greencrunchymama 11-19-2012 07:55 PM

Re: Stash nirvana and yet.....

Because it's an addiction. I was finally stash content then my DD started getting rubbed by the serging on her fitteds. Now I'm looking at all these different options that I "need". Sigh.

mothergooseofthree 11-19-2012 08:06 PM

Yes, addiction! I bought and sold many dipes with my older kids it was crazy. When 8yo dd was done I mourned the lose since she was to be my last. I switched addictions to homeschool curriculum. Now I am pg again and in the two weeks I have known, I have purchased 32 diapers. And I am still looking.

I do not cd to save money. I do it for fun!

dncnshu00 11-19-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree (Post 15951590)
Yes, addiction! I bought and sold many dipes with my older kids it was crazy. When 8yo dd was done I mourned the lose since she was to be my last. I switched addictions to homeschool curriculum. Now I am pg again and in the two weeks I have known, I have purchased 32 diapers. And I am still looking.

I do not cd to save money. I do it for fun!

I do it because it's fun too!!!! Although I tell DH it's for the money so he won't think I'm insane!

Skybaby712 11-19-2012 09:07 PM

To me it is not really stash nirvana until you are truely satisfied and have no desire to buy more. I'd say you're at stash happiness and VERY addicted :giggle2:

O'sMommy:) 11-19-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dncnshu00 (Post 15951610)
I do it because it's fun too!!!! Although I tell DH it's for the money so he won't think I'm insane!

Haha. This sounds just like me! I tell my husband it saves money but when he goes to the mail box and sees fluff he comes in and looks at me and says, "how is cloth saving money if you keep buying???" I'll look at him with puppy dog eyes and say, "but its so cute and O needed it!" ;) he can't resist.

I know that there's only 1 brand that works for us but I keep trying different ones in hopes that I'll find something else that I like as well but to no avail. :( I hope cotton babies comes out with some new prints soon bc solids are boring and I have a boy darnit! :(

dncnshu00 11-19-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybaby712
To me it is not really stash nirvana until you are truely satisfied and have no desire to buy more. I'd say you're at stash happiness and VERY addicted :giggle2:

I guess this is what I can tell myself now!

dncnshu00 11-20-2012 05:26 PM

Uh-oh...now I'm really in trouble! I ordered a Thirsties Duo AIO size 1 "just to see"and I think I'm going to love it. Ugh! It's prepping now.