Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What did you get done today? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465176)

mommy2abigail 11-19-2012 08:08 PM

What did you get done today?

Over the past two days, we have been manically cleaning and decluttering. Dh's cousins are coming tomorrow for four days...with their *6* kids! All girls, homeschooled, and all just sweet as anything. I am tickled and of course, my girls are giddy with excitement. So far, between yesterday and today we've-
Cleaned out every closet
Cleaned out every dresser
Washed all towels and my sheets
Vacuumed all carpeted areas
Rented a carpet shampoo machine and did all the carpeted areas
Dusted all wood surfaces in the whole house (we have like 10 bookshelves just in our school room!!!)
Cleaned top of fridge
Cleaned/sorted junk drawer
Wiped all kitchen appliances
Cleaned both bathrooms-mirrors, counters, tub, shower, toilets
Cleared off two shelves in kitchen
Reorganized all daily school stuff
Went through everyone's clothing and made a donate pile
Emptied every trash can
Cleaned out fridge
Loaded, ran, emptied, and reloaded the dishwasher
Folded two loads of laundry
And dh cleaned the garage and pressure washed the driveway, sidewalk, and both front and back porch

Whew!

Still left for tomorrow-
Mop kitchen
Bathe both dogs
Clip big dogs hair
Wash whites laundry
Wash girls bedding

Try to keep the kids from undoing everything!!! Lol

somo_chickenlady 11-19-2012 08:20 PM

Re: What did you get done today?

Whoa! Super mom!! LOL :superhero2:

I burned a batch of toffee, wasting about $6 worth of pistachios.
Made a successful batch of toffee
Did a load of dishes
Washed a load of laundry

I have a lot more to do tomorrow b/c we are going out of town for Thanksgiving.

mommabritt 11-19-2012 08:42 PM

:jawdrop: That's AMAZING!

I had an uneventful day. I got a haircut. I made mashed potatoes to go along with DHs venison steak dinner. I made ice cream out of frozen bananas. That's pretty much it. It was that kind of day. :giggle:

I did nurse dd and play with the kiddos but that is a given.

Eta: tomorrow will be verrrrry different. I have a lot to do before we go to family's for the holiday.

kelpie169 11-19-2012 08:53 PM

Wow I feel unaccomplished. I manage to not pull my hair out and kept the kids alive and fed. That's about it. I'm sick (in er sat night) and have 2 sick toddlers and a sick 7 weeks old. And my husband had to go to work.

Yeah nothing really got done. :)

somo_chickenlady 11-19-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelpie169 (Post 15951747)
Wow I feel unaccomplished. I manage to not pull my hair out and kept the kids alive and fed. That's about it. I'm sick (in er sat night) and have 2 sick toddlers and a sick 7 weeks old. And my husband had to go to work.

Yeah nothing really got done. :)

:hugs: I hope you feel better soon!!

lady longs 11-19-2012 09:19 PM

We took the day off school and whizzed thru our normal chores so we could...

deep clean the office for my husband!

It was a total disaster and my DH let me know when we were on a date this weekend that this (and the garage) were what has been stressing him out lately.

He has been working about 60-80 hours a week and hasn't had any time to do anything. Every time he comes home and goes into the office, he gets depressed and stressed (I thought he was frustrated with me and/or the kids)

Anyway, we cleaned it ALL day! Put the finishing touches on it as he was pulling into the driveway. He was soooooo happy. He still has some work to do on it (which only he can do) but he now sees it as manageable and he can now work and have meetings in the office.

Then, we all worked together on making a yummy dinner.

I am grateful for the day.

Tomorrow, we are surprising him by doing the garage (well, the part of it that we can do - which, unfortunately, will only be about 25% of it). But, I am hoping it will be enough to take the edge off for him.

Now, when he has 4 days off this weekend, 2 of them wont be spent in the office/garage. Yay!

Antebellum 11-19-2012 09:26 PM

wow! when you're done being awesome at everything at your house, would you like to come be awesome at my house?! :giggle: I got our normal chores done and then laid out everyones outfits for tmw, got my clothes out for work and made my lunch for tmw. I cleaned my dogs crate. Did some laundry and dishes. I vacummed and swept. Nothing stellar.

Mom23kids 11-19-2012 09:57 PM

I cleaned my bathroom and made my bed. Go me. Lol!

aaiya 11-19-2012 09:59 PM

Holy buckets! That's a lot. I washed 3 loads of laundry and folded 2 loads. I showered. I yacked on the phone with my mom, grandma, and sister. Oh, and I made 2 pumpkin pies (after I escaped to the grocery store by myself when DH got home from work). Not feeling all that accomplished today...but some days are just like that.

EveryDayIsANewDay 11-19-2012 10:24 PM

I raked the front and back lawns with the "help of the kids". I also did two loads of laundry. That's all I could manage with one sick kid who couldn't stop whining for a minute.