Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I have too many diapers *rant without direction* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465182)

gingerpeachee 11-19-2012 08:25 PM

I have too many diapers *rant without direction*

Like way way way way too many. I need to start selling some or my husband is going to killllll me. I got a couple of fabulous lots at yard sales and I just didn't realize the overwhelming number of diapers that were in these lots. I gave away like 3 bins full of diapers but I've spent so much over the last 2 years on diapers that I absolutely MUST sell some of these. In may (before the yard sales) I bought a really big lot of BG 4.0 snaps off the FSOT and the PUL went in them after 2 months, like completely kicked the bucket. My husband only want to use pockets with snaps but I can't spend a gazillion more dollars on new BG 4.0s so I bought Sunbabys, which are good but they don't have the same perfect fit as the 4.0s. (My husband is a SAHD) And its killing me because we have a whole big lot of 4.0s that came from the yard sale but they're aplix. THEY'RE LIKE PRACTICALLY UNUSED. But Joey just tears them off!!!

And now we just have so many different types of diapers and inserts and covers and systems and hybrids and fitteds and pockets and everything they I'm about to loose my mind. I have all these beautiful diapers (like really freaking beautiful Full Moon Baby Gear barely used gorgeous diapers) and I'm going to be putting my kid in Sunbaby diapers.

Thanks for listening.
I have to find a way to get rid of some of these diapers.

Signed
*A diaper addict who finally ended up with too many diapers*

lrgs 11-19-2012 08:30 PM

Re: I have too many diapers *rant without direction*

I've been there and I pared my stash way down.........it felt good. We ended up going with only AIO's (BGE, Peachy Green, Bottombumpers) and prefolds/flats with covers. Fitteds with wool for naps/nights. It felt good to have a streamlined, simple stash (especially compared to what it was!).

Sarah-B 11-19-2012 08:34 PM

We already have way too Many but somehow I still want more lol
I will probably buy more black Friday cyber Monday ha!
My DH doesn't change diapers do he has no clue how many we have
Mooooohahaha

juliasmom 11-19-2012 08:38 PM

I am all about simplicity...I have about 45 fitteds and 12 wool covers. It is plenty, but not too much. I never run out and do laundry twice a week. Here is my idea. Put all your stash in on place. When you do laundry put the clean stuff somewhere else. I would sell the stuff in the original place that you dont use after a few weeks.

lady longs 11-19-2012 09:26 PM

Also, could you take the big lot of BG from the yard sale and have snaps put on them? I don't think it's that expensive - then you could have great diapers that are just the way you like them - then sell or donate or ffs or throw away everything else - and gain your (and your dh's) sanity back

FunLovinMama 11-19-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs
Also, could you take the big lot of BG from the yard sale and have snaps put on them? I don't think it's that expensive - then you could have great diapers that are just the way you like them - then sell or donate or ffs or throw away everything else - and gain your (and your dh's) sanity back

Yeah you could have them snap converted or try to trade for snaps.

Poodlemum 11-19-2012 10:17 PM

I have way too many as well, but I still need more lol. We have two in cloth right now and as soon as I get some more prefolds for my tiny, I will be done! Until I see a super cute diaper I *must* have...

Or on Black Friday...

Or for Christmas...

Or! Or! Or!

Guess I'll never be done :P

gingerpeachee 11-19-2012 10:22 PM

I've decided that the FSOT is probably slow right now because of the holidays and I'm just going to keep trying to sell these diapers off. One little lot at a time. *sigh*

Jen's_4 11-19-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliasmom (Post 15951697)
I am all about simplicity...I have about 45 fitteds and 12 wool covers. It is plenty, but not too much. I never run out and do laundry twice a week. Here is my idea. Put all your stash in on place. When you do laundry put the clean stuff somewhere else. I would sell the stuff in the original place that you dont use after a few weeks.

Excellent advice. Sometimes it just gets to be too much, even if they are all wonderful beautiful perfect diapers that we would love to keep. Figure out what you use and sell what you don't. It will be painful for a while, but you'll feel great in the end. I have been through several systems....and all I own now is flats, covers, and a few nighttime pants. It feels good.

Ashleymarie89 11-20-2012 01:39 AM

U could covert them to snaps and volia problem solved