Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pros/Cons of Hip Snaps? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465493)

TrennaII 11-20-2012 05:57 PM

Pros/Cons of Hip Snaps?

I've heard that hip snapping diapers fit for longer, but tend to leak more ... opinions? Are there other pros/cons?

We used Grovia AIOs (which snap at the sides) for a bit ... I loved the fit, they were so much more smooth and trim than BGEs ... but Little Man did tend to leak over the top during naps at daycare (where they super hydrate in the mornings).

ajbailey89 11-20-2012 06:12 PM

Re: Pros/Cons of Hip Snaps?

I find a very good fit with them. They are also very trim.

olstep 11-20-2012 06:41 PM

I do not think you'll get more leaks with hip-snapping diapers than with front-snapping. I do find that side-snapping diapers do not work for my tummy sleepers. I think boy+tummy sleeper and side-snapping diaper is not a good combo.

olstep 11-20-2012 06:42 PM

I googled GroVia AIO and it looks like a side-snapping diaper.

lakemama 11-20-2012 08:14 PM

I think fit is more about leg size than where it snaps. I've not used Grovia AIO, but have Simplex and Babykicks. I didn't like them because I found it tougher to snap them while wrestling a toddler.

~*~Sunflower~*~ 11-20-2012 09:25 PM

I LOVE side snapping diapers! I started using them with my 4th child. I love the way they LOOK, I think they fit trimmer & I like the way they adjust far more. a PP said they weren't good for boys, and TBH I have only used them on girls. I'm getting ready to foster/adopt -boys only from now on - I hope I don't regret all of the side snap diapers I am buying! LOL

Poodlemum 11-20-2012 11:11 PM

There's hip snaps that keep wing droop from happening, then side snapping diapers. Two totally different things! I'm not a fan of side snapping diapers but need hip snaps on most diapers for my scrawny toddler :)

qsefthuko 11-20-2012 11:38 PM

I have 4 side snap fitted diapers. So no pul but I love the way they look on my son. No leaks at all. Since the wings tend to cross over the front I always thought they would be great for tummy sleepers.

BirthdayMama 11-21-2012 11:36 AM

We are huge fans of the fit of side snapping diapers, but we do get a lot of leaks. I have a tummy-sleeping girl, and we cannot use them for sleeping at all as they wick out the tabs. She also tends to blow EBF poo out between the snaps when in her car seat. But I still use them because they're so gentle on her reflux.

olstep 11-21-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodlemum (Post 15956038)
There's hip snaps that keep wing droop from happening, then side snapping diapers. Two totally different things! I'm not a fan of side snapping diapers but need hip snaps on most diapers for my scrawny toddler :)

There are also hip snapping diapers. :goodvibes:

They are similar to front snapping but have shorter wings and wider front part so that it would fasten more on hips than front. Work great for chunky thigh babies.
Examples: Hippy Hippy Snap, La Di Da