Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O DCP GIFTS! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465589)

mrs_blazen 11-21-2012 08:00 AM

S/O DCP GIFTS!

Love the teacher gifts thread. It gives me a lot of great ideas for when my kids are in school! Now, it has me wondering what I should get the kids' DCP. She only watches our 2 and occasionally takes a drop in. She's a stay at home mom of a 3, 7, and 8 year old. My kids have only been going for a couple months, but we LOVE her and want to show our appreciation... I have the ability to do some of the crafty things, but unfortunately don't think I'll have the time before we take a Christmas break from her. So any ideas?

Nerissa 11-21-2012 08:16 AM

Re: S/O DCP GIFTS!

I usually give our DCP a gift card to target to replenish supplies at her house.

if I remember next year I want to pick up a bunch of extra school supplies when the go on sale and give her a basket of : crayons, paper, stickers, ect for Christmas.

doodah 11-21-2012 01:06 PM

the general "rule" from my experience is one full weeks pay for a daycare provider or two weeks full pay for a nanny as a Christmas bonus. Since she only watches your kids, I would give her whatever she would normally make in two weeks from your family and put that on a gift card for her.

mrs_blazen 11-21-2012 02:09 PM

Ummm... There is no way I can afford to give her a Christmas bonus of $500. She's only been watching them for 8 weeks. We do love her and appreciate her so much but that is way out of our budget. We're only able to spend around $100 on each kid and DH and I aren't even getting each other stuff. I honestly think she'd be extremely embarrassed and not accept anything like that. I am thinking we're probably going to give her a date might out. Dinner certificate, movie gift card and I'll offer to watch her 3 kids free. I think she'll actually really appreciate that since she's mentioned how they can never afford date nights after paying a sitter for 3 kids.

mrs_blazen 11-21-2012 02:22 PM

I was not meaning to sound rude in my previous post. Hopefully no one takes it that way! Just realized it may seem that way, but not my intention at all!

OHIOFIFI 11-21-2012 07:23 PM

We gave our DCP a gift card to go out to have a dinner out with her DH (she doesn't have kids) and some cash (I think $40 or 50) last year. She didn't want the cash but really appreciated the restaurant gift card.
This year, I plan on making her some crafty things and giving her another gift card.

Brooke789 11-21-2012 07:54 PM

Really -- a week's pay or two week's pay? That is crazy! I was thinking like $20 or less for our in-home DCP.

OHIOFIFI 11-21-2012 07:57 PM

I guess it depends on what you can afford. But for us, the cash was a full week pay. We only go a couple hours a couple days a week. The etiquette says this but you don't have to be held rigidly to that. I am sure your DCP will appreciate whatever you give him/her.