Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Time is creeping up (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465631)

Saru 11-21-2012 09:41 AM

Time is creeping up

I am expeciting my first child Feb 20th. I have mild inner anxiety about everything that concerns money, but when it comes to parenting, I like to think that I will do fine.
This pregnancy was a total shock since I was always told that I would need help to get pregnant (in a sense I did, with meds for another problem).
I keep having the feeling that I am prepared..but not. I had to tell my boss my end of work dates and check my EI Maternity hours to make sure it all balances..and that got me thinking...It feels like its almost Feb already!

Yep...*deep breaths* I know everything eventually works out and I have a great support system (and I think my boyfriend is more excited than me).

KatieG-Lux 11-21-2012 10:06 AM

Re: Time is creeping up

I don't think the anxiety ever goes away. I'm expecting my first any minute, except it's twins. Talk about freaking out about money! I just put the big ticket items on the registry and was happy with whatever we got and then anything else was given to us or I'm good with picking up at yard sales and nice 2nd hand stores.

I figure they are not going to use these things for very long, they aren't absolutely essential to the well-being of the babies and are not worth $150-$200 a piece.

And then when I get really anxious, I just try to breath and freak out on my boyfriend a little about our spending (that doesn't always help) then think of all the $$ I'm saving with cloth diapers, food co-ops and breastfeeding.

Good luck and just remember to breath. Another helpful thought...women have been raising families MUCH larger than mine with A LOT less or NO money at all for hundreds of years and even in modern society; so there is no reason we can't do it on a budget.

Katie

cheezpoofs 11-21-2012 10:24 AM

Time really is flying by and it's only going to go faster since we're just about to start the holiday season. Babies will be here before we know it!

Saru 11-22-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieG-Lux (Post 15957089)
I don't think the anxiety ever goes away. I'm expecting my first any minute, except it's twins. Talk about freaking out about money! I just put the big ticket items on the registry and was happy with whatever we got and then anything else was given to us or I'm good with picking up at yard sales and nice 2nd hand stores.

I figure they are not going to use these things for very long, they aren't absolutely essential to the well-being of the babies and are not worth $150-$200 a piece.

And then when I get really anxious, I just try to breath and freak out on my boyfriend a little about our spending (that doesn't always help) then think of all the $$ I'm saving with cloth diapers, food co-ops and breastfeeding.

Good luck and just remember to breath. Another helpful thought...women have been raising families MUCH larger than mine with A LOT less or NO money at all for hundreds of years and even in modern society; so there is no reason we can't do it on a budget.

Katie

HAHA! That's how I feel too.
The clothes I have now for her are donated from friends. We're going to be getting baby furniture from friends. My registries are basically just diapers and small items, since I know we're getting my only big ticket (stroller/carseat duo) for Christmas.
My boyfriend and I grew up with little money and manage. I think it's actually a blessing because it helps you with budgeting and getting creative!

Congrats on the twins!

abunchoflemons 11-22-2012 09:23 AM

I totally hear ya. I'm expecting boy the 8th & if were girl I think would feel more prepared as I have 2 girls. We are getting all excited as first boy in our immediate family not on hubby side but mine since my brother.

.it's getting closer now everyone...excited& more prepRed yet?