Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Daily Chat Threads (
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving B2B's! (

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 01:59 AM

Happy Thanksgiving B2B's!

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 02:04 AM

Re: Happy Thanksgiving B2B's!
As I grew up in the UK I honestly have no clue really about thanksgiving. From the little I've gleaned over the years I wonder about this fest. I get that it's about getting together with family and enjoying a meal together but the history of it is really difficult for me to get straight in my head. It's not the same as the German Thanksgiving which is basically just a Harvest festival; Right?

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 02:05 AM

I over slept.......again!

Shannon had first lesson this I had to get Shannon ready and send her off to school. FIL took her and then came back for the others.

I got the others ready but they were crazy and running around doing all sorts of things they shouldn't have been.

Fynn decided he was going to help the girls get dressed. So he dressed Derry and Cami. Then he didn't want to get dressed himself.

I made their lunches and while my back was turned they ran off and went through the cupboard in the living room getting new boxes of pencils out and books and making a huge mess. Finally I got them ready and they left. But it was nuts. I don't like mornings like this.

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 03:00 AM

Duck is in the crockpot.
Dough for the pie is cooling in the fridge.
Honey-Oat bread is in the bread machine.

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 03:14 AM

I gave FIL the inner things from the duck and the last of the apple crumble. :)

He's was thrilled! He's going to put the ducky things in his soup for his lunch today

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 06:24 AM

It looks like I'm going to be making apple pie too....the other pie tin that I ordered arrived today. It has a removable glass bottom and crimped edges. I think that's more like a fruit pie should be.

I wanted the other pie tin too because I want to be able to make meat/chicken/veg pies too.

So I just made another batch of dough. This time enough for a closed pie.

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 06:26 AM

I'm guessing I'm going to be alone most of the time in here today. I know everyone is celebrating with their families.

lemurmommies 11-22-2012 06:42 AM

Duck soup? I don't know if I would like that...

I had a nightmare that I failed my evaluation today (which I know I didn't) and then was awake and stressed at 5am. Finally fell back asleep and the alarm went off at 6:20. Sigh. Oh well. I am off soon for a 12+ hour day at work. On the up side, the admin team is feeding us supper. On the down side, I may have to deal with grumpy parents. I hope that all in all it goes okay.

I am looking forward to noon tomorrow, when all my meeting will be done and I can have a fun weekend. The movies, shopping at the big craft show, and then FOOTBALL!!

redgirlsmama 11-22-2012 07:23 AM

Morning. As far as Thanksgiving goes, the spin on it is that when the pilgrims came over they had a hard time as far as knowing what supplies for food to have to keep them alive and fed over the winter, and their new Native American "friends" helped them out and showed them the ropes. They then shared a meal to say thank you or something of the sort. Feel free to correct me. The friends is in quotes because we probably killed off or drove away our friends very quickly after that.
I am a little more positive about this weekend now, amazing what a few hours alone and being able to sit in a comfortable chair will do for a gal. After a week of kitchen chairs or bed being my only option.
I totally spaced packing so I have to do that this morning, and bake a pie for SIL. And do chores, and clean up the house in case people stop by.

~whitehologram~ 11-22-2012 07:25 AM

No, not duck soup. Veg soup that he cooks the neck of the duck in. He takes out the neck and eats all the meat off it and then he eats the soup.

I hope the day isn't too hard Mel :hugs: