Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What to do? WAHM nearing 45 day paypal limit (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466020)

bigmamakelsey 11-23-2012 12:40 PM

What to do? WAHM nearing 45 day paypal limit

I ordered a custom item from a WAHM on Oct. 9th. It was supposed to be completed in 2-3 weeks, so when a month hit I checked in to see if it was done and when it would be shipping. She said things were moving slowly because a family member was in a car accident, but it should be finished up and shipped in a few days. Over a week goes by, nothing. Finally about 4-5 days ago I told her the 45 day limit was coming up and that made me nervous. I asked for it to be shipped asap or I would just take a refund. She said it was shipping that day. Well, I don't think it did. Today is 45 days exactly, so I asked for a DC#. If she doesn't get it for me by the end of the day, should I file? She has nothing but positive feedback and I know she's notorious for being slow but eventually shipping and having quality items. I'd feel badly doing it, but I'm getting very annoyed by this point. I understand having family issues come up, but if that is happening I don't think she should take on any more custom work until she's caught up. There are over a dozen customs she took on AFTER mine, PLUS an entire co-op...:waiting:

kannondicarpo 11-23-2012 12:42 PM

Re: What to do? WAHM nearing 45 day paypal limit..

I'd file. You can always cancel it. Sorry about the hassle.

nak

Nerissa 11-23-2012 12:47 PM

I would file too. Better safe than sorry

boysniris 11-23-2012 01:06 PM

I agree w/the others, I'd file and cancel or whatever if you end up receiving the item.

IsaacsMom2009 11-23-2012 01:43 PM

Another vote for filing. You have to protect yourself. It's nothing personal, just business. As a WAHM, she should understand that.

I_run_with_scissors 11-23-2012 02:27 PM

id file too, you dont have to escalate right away so if she shipped it it should be there next week and you can just cancel it then.

Rdesonia 11-23-2012 03:09 PM

I would file. If she already shipped it as she said ... then no harm done. Also you can always tell her you still want the item and you will repay if she refunds you. (That way your coverage is extended)

Squig'sMumMum 11-23-2012 03:51 PM

File.

MDever 11-23-2012 04:41 PM

File for sure. Otherwise you will have no recourse.

bigmamakelsey 11-23-2012 11:21 PM

Ugh. As SOON as I filed she magically decided to reply back. She was rather short and rude, saying "I will refund you, just send the ___ back when you get it." I thought I made it clear in the note to her that all I needed was the DC# :headscratch: Either way, definitely not impressed.