Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   need maternity clothes recommendation (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1466178)

birdseye 11-24-2012 12:23 AM

need maternity clothes recommendation

I am looking for simple, conservative, inexpensive t-shirts that would work for most of my pregnancy.

Do you have any suggestions??

evasimone 11-24-2012 04:10 AM

Re: need maternity clothes recommendation

Regular Target t shirts are still working for me at 8 months Prego. I was just thinking I might go and buy a few more in one size larger. It's my first so I am not carrying very big but I definitely have a belly.

If you are looking for "dressier" shirts motherhood and maternity sells these t shirts with rushing down the front. They are cute and comfy. You can sometimes get them for around $15.

EmilytheStrange 11-24-2012 09:16 AM

I do like Target. But I have a long torso and the regular shirts show some of the cloth on the maternity pants. But both their regular shirts and their maternity shirts are good.

I believe - you'll have to check - is kohls still doing online black Friday? I bought some of their maternity shirts as well. Just as great, except Target sells xsmall and kohls starts at small.

But without sales, they're the same price, pretty much and both have tshirt basic types.

I also dress up some of my basic maternity shirts with a cardigan or sweater and a necklace if you're needing cheap dress up ideas for work.

twinpossible 11-24-2012 09:20 AM

I like Target for sweaters and Old Navy for maternity shirts. They have a whole work line. If you want a deal I would check out Craigslist. I got a whole box from another mama for $40.

cdeweese 11-24-2012 09:29 AM

I buy the maternity tanks from Ross ($5) and some even have cute lace at the bottom, and wear those under target or gap (my fav) tees. This time of year gap normally has decent prices on Maternity tees/tanks.

evasimone 11-24-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15965105)
I do like Target. But I have a long torso and the regular shirts show some of the cloth on the maternity pants. But both their regular shirts and their maternity shirts are good.

I believe - you'll have to check - is kohls still doing online black Friday? I bought some of their maternity shirts as well. Just as great, except Target sells xsmall and kohls starts at small.

But without sales, they're the same price, pretty much and both have tshirt basic types.

I also dress up some of my basic maternity shirts with a cardigan or sweater and a necklace if you're needing cheap dress up ideas for work.

That's true. I didn't think about torso length! I am only 5' tall so they cover the maternity pants too but probably won't for taller girls. :giggle:

birdseye 11-24-2012 04:11 PM

thanks everyone!! I am 5'0", but I have a long torso. I will start by looking at target, then go from there.

ChocoChoco 11-24-2012 04:15 PM

My favorite t-shirts came from Gap. I never found any that I liked at Targey. Shirts should be on sale right now on Gap.com!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

EmilytheStrange 11-24-2012 08:31 PM

I'm only 5'2... It's just all above the waist - lol

I still wear some of my regular target shirts at 20 weeks - I just have to pull them down ever so often :)

Hungry Caterpillar 11-24-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocoChoco (Post 15966280)
My favorite t-shirts came from Gap. I never found any that I liked at Targey. Shirts should be on sale right now on Gap.com!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I second this. Everything shrunk from Target except the tank tops but all the Gap stuff held up great. I really liked Pea in the Pod for work but some of it was really spendy. I bought 4-5 button downs in plain colors (navy, black, grey, brown) and then changed it up with cardigans and a couple of other things like scarves and blazers. I also purchased a half dozen blouses from Pea in the Pod that were fun and bright to counter the boring and basically a dozen tops lasted me through more than 6 months of pregnancy mixed and matched with work maternity pants. I also bought a few dresses. I figured since it was my first it was my last time to get use out of all my jewelry so I just kept changing that up to make the boring clothes different :)